Passion

Annie took a deep breath. It had already been a sh*t day. First some giraffe looking idiot spilled coffee all over her shirt, she was surrounded by idiots by work, and she was left rattled by the fight with her dad.

They had a rocky relationship, and it wasn't any better since Annie had forgone law school to have a career in music.

Now her she was, getting the opportunity to make a debut at one of the biggest music hotspots.

She wanted the puke, or run.

"Annie Leonhart!!"

The patrons applauded as she made her way onto the small stage.

She felt the panic surging forward.

Adjusting the mic, she sat down with her guitar. Annie looked out scanning the room, trying the whole "imagine the crowd in their underwear" but it wasn't working.

Then her eyes stopped at the bar. It was him. The ding dong from earlier. He was staring right at her.

She was shocked to see him smile at her, but it made her feel at ease a bit.

A cough in the crowd brought Annie back to the present moment.

She looked back to the goofy idiot from this morning. He was mouthing something and making a gesture.

She squinted.

"Play" he mouthed while mimicking playing the guitar. "You got this"

She gave a curt nod, strumming the first chords of the song.

*********************************************
Bertholdt let out a sigh of relief. He was honestly shocked to see someone as well cold as her get stage fright.

He should have just let her choke after how rude she was, but as a musician himself it just didn't feel right.

He felt a sense of relief as she began to play.  She sounded....good, like really good. Her fingers moved effortless along the fret board.

His jaw dropped when she started singing.

She had a strong alto voice, which wasn't something you saw with a lot of female solo artist.

She was singing a cover of Ashes by Celine Dion from Deadpool 2. Bertholdt couldn't  take his eyes off her.

Annie had this incredible passion when she performed, it was beautiful to watch. Her blue eyes shined as she sang.

"Yo...barman!!"

Bertholdt came back to his senses, not even realizing she had finished her song.

"Can I get a blue moon please?" Connie asked. "And a white zombie for the misses"

"Oh yeah sorry...I just..."

"You were just standing there with your mouth agape looking like a trout, staring at the girl on stage".

Bertholdt felt his face flush. "Oh god was it that obvious"

"Well to me and Sasha it was, but we can read you like a book"

Bertholdt handed him the beers, Annie's beautiful voice ringing in his ears.

*************************************************
"Hange I'm heading out" Bertholdt called out.

"Did you pass Levi's inspection?" Hange said with a laugh.

"Twice"

"Have a good night Bert"

He made his way out the back door, and almost collided with someone.

"Gee your 2/2 aren't ya?"

He looked to see Annie standing in front of him.