Chapter 10

Regulus kept his head down throughout breakfast, but his ears were open to hear Mulciber and Avery's conversation. They were discussing random stuff, which wasn't anything new. Wilkes decided to join them, making it three braincells talking to each other.

However, something seemed off. Regulus could usually hear Severus' voice joining in to insult the three of them. He raised his black eyes in front of him to see Severus quietly eating.

"It's literally the most useless spell that ever invented" Wilhelm stated about Lumos "Like, use your eyes?"

"Blind people wouldn't relate" Bruce snickered, joined by Edmund.

"Very funny. So instead of creating Lumos, why can't that person just make our vision brighter? Lumos had a range, but if our vision was enhanced, we could see as far as we wanted!" Wilhelm exclaimed excitedly.

"Might just create a spell that could summon a whole sun, hm? Wilkes?" Regulus couldn't help but interject.

Wilhelm looked at him in bewilderment while Bruce and Edmund burst into laughter again

Meanwhile, Severus had been listening the whole time but refused to join. He wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Anyway, have you guys heard about Potter and Evans?"

Severus halted, spoon caught in his teeth at Wilhelm's question. His gaze subconsciously went to the Gryffindor table, where he and James locked eyes. He hardened his gaze, and James looked away, resuming his conversation with the person beside him, Lily.

"I'm feel sick just looking at them" Bruce muttered, disgust evident on his tone "Someone please stab me in the eyes so i could no longer see"

Edmund grabbed a knife from the table and pointed it towards his face. Any sane person would back away, but he never was, so he leaned in close enough to feel the sharp point scraping his lower eyelid.

"You're fucking mad" Edmund said with a smirk. "If I were too, I wouldn't hesitate to jab this in your pupils" He moved the knife away from Bruce.

Regulus and Wilhelm watched the situation. Unlike Regulus, who had a blank expression, Wilhelm had his lips parted and eyes wide. Although they were thinking the same thing-

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Wilhelm asked aloud. "Sweet Salazar!" He held a hand to his chest. Bruce snickered at his reaction.

"Well, I thought Evans was only acting hard to get. Can't believe she succumbed so easily" Edmund said, spreading butter on his bread using the knife.

"That's basically all girls" Bruce snorted. "Playing hard to get one moment and falling head over heels the next"

"Speaking from experience, Mulciber?" Edmund asked with a raised eyebrow, while the other threw him a dirty look.

Wilhelm leaned in towards Severus. "Potter finally got Lily-flower wrapped around his finger" He thrusted an invisible microphone in his hand towards him "How are we feeling, Severus? Revengeful?"

Severus' piercing eyes pinned to him "Wilkes, do you want to go blind?"

Wilhelm pursed his lips into a thin line and scooted back to his original space to keep his distance from Severus.

Bruce smirked "Just say the word, Snape, and we'll handle things for you. Lily betrayed you for your nemesis. You're going to let that slide?"

"Lay a hand on her, and i swear, the Dark Lord will find you useless once your head is decapitated" Severus' eyes glinted even darker, if that was possible.

Wilhelm whistled, while Edmund grinned. Bruce's eye twitched "What the fuck do you see in that Mudblo-?"

With a flick of Severus's wand under the table, Bruce's head slowly turned to the side. His eyes widened in panic as his hands scrambled to stop it, but to no avail. A few students looked their way when Bruce yelped in pain.