Chapter 13

Keeping a safe distance, the trio followed Severus until he stopped in his tracks, sensing an oddly familiar energy in his surroundings. He looked behind him and spotted them.

Without hesitation, Severus swiftly drew his wand from his pocket and pointed it at them. Instead of doing the same thing like he expected, they raised their hands up, completely taking Severus by surprise. 

"Hey" Remus spoke up first, voice calm and gentle "We came in peace"

Peter offered a nervous smile "Yeah, we're not here to start anything"

"Bullshit" Severus growled, his grip tightening on his wand "Let's get on with it"

Sirius, who was slightly behind the other two "We're not fucking with you, Snape. We're here to talk. No tricks or pranks" Remus shot him a disapproving look for the foul language, but was grateful he said something.

Severus narrowed his eyes at them suspiciously "What do you want?"

Remus took a step forward "We're here to apologize"

Severus' hand faltered for a moment, remembering the night when James had also put his hands up in the air when Severus aimed his wand at him, and remained skeptical at his presence.

"Apologize?" He scoffed "How funny, didn't you hang me upside down earlier? Asking people if they wanted to see me without my trousers on?" Severus shifted his wand to Sirius.

Remus wanted to kill himself at the spot. He had heard that a lot during his afternoon classes and at dinner, and it haunted him. The words coming from Severus made it even more worse.

What James had tasked to him was impossible to do, but he had only told Sirius to apologize, hadn't he? He did what James asked for, and he didn't need Severus to forgive him. Sirius was about to walk out when he felt an agonizing burn from his back that traveled throughout his entire body.

Sirius screamed, but no sound escaped his lips as he collapsed to the floor, trembling with pain.

Peter and Remus quickly twisted their heads, while Severus turned his gaze from Sirius to Bruce. Both Gryffindors stared at him in horror, aware of what spells he casted on their friend.

Edmund followed behind him, his eyebrows raised as he watched the figure on the ground "That was a nice Crucio" He tapped Bruce on the back proudly.

Peter grabbed his wand from his pocket, a hex already on his mind, but before he could say it out loud, Edmund beat him to it.

"Petrificus Totalus" Edmund declared, causing Peter's body to go stiff before falling like a mannequin.

Remus stood frozen in place, his eyes wide at seeing his two friends sprawled on the floor. He clenched his fists, gaze turning dark.

"Lupin! Always the smart one" Bruce grinned like a cheshire cat "Your friends never seem to learn from you, do they?"

Bruce looked proud of what he'd done, his eyes gleaming with delight. He raised his wand, preparing to cast another Crucio on Sirius, but then Severus spoke up.

"Bruce" Severus called, voice dangerously low "Enough" His wand was still raised, but it was now aimed at him.

Bruce's sadistic grin faltered for a moment, but he quickly regained his composure "What? They deserved it"

"Come on, man" Edmund smirked "Let us have some fun for a little while"

"I said, enough" Severus repeated, his voice laced with venom "You've made your point. Now step away from them"