19. We will be reunited II

"A huge statue, a grandiose Cathedral

"A huge statue, a grandiose Cathedral... The people of Mondstadt clearly spent a great deal of resources and energy to construct them." Dainsleif says.

"But how aware of this was the Anemo Archon on receiving this gift, and how much did he give back in return?" Dainsleif questions.

"Faith doesn't ask for anything in return though, does it?" Paimon asks.

"Hmph, as long as the gods have a clear conscience about it all, there's nothing I can say about it." Dainsleif crosses his arms.

"Shh! We're about to enter the Cathedral. Don't say anything bad about the Anemo Archon." Paimon hushes him.

"And actually, the Anemo Archon is... Gah, never mind" she exclaims.

"Heh, I never specifically said I would enter the Cathedral. I'll leave you three to mingle with the sisters." He says.

"Huh?"

"But we've done everything else together." Aether says.

"Yeah!" I exclaim.

"You are the Honorary Knight of Mondstadt. They will surely allow you to poke into these affairs with their utmost trust." Dainsleif replies.

"Having me tag along would only make them suspicious." He states.

"You don't think you will be popular among the sisters?" Aether asks.

I hold back my laughter.

"Correct, and just as our little friend said... I might say something bad about the Church at any time." Dainsleif crossed his arms.

"When a non-believer steps onto holy ground, the result is never pretty." He explains.

"I have never received the favor of the gods in the past. I don't see any reason I would need it now or in the future, either." He adds.

"That's enough about that. While we've been chit-chatting, the Abyss Order continues to act." Dainsleif states.

"Okay then, we'll just go in ourselves and ask around!" Paimon proclaims.

"I should warn you about one thing. Don't go mentioning the Defiled Statue inside the Cathedral." Dainsleif tells us.

"Hm? Why?" I ask.

"The Church of Favonius wouldn't ignore the matter of the statue, but if they rashly tried anything against the Abyss Order, it would only ruin whatever element of surprise we may have."

"Oh! I understand" I nodded.

"Also... Meddling in the affairs of the Abyss usually doesn't end well for anyone." He says.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

We made our way into the cathedral were we saw Barbara.

"Honorary Knights! Hi, how have you been? Do you need anything today?" She greets us.