CHAPTER 2

Ethan's Pov

"Your grace, your mother, duchess Susana has arrived to see you,"Jeffrey my butler informs me.

"She's here?"

"Yes, your grace."

"Where is she,"

"In the garden, waiting for you."

______________________

Looking for the most revered,respected, richest,most powerful duke to exist in the history of Knolri, look no further.

Ethan Alaric Matri, the youngest duke to ever be appointed in office in the country's history.Known as  a stone cold man,many fear me,I really don't care about that since I have major issues with OCD,I prefer a quite place that's sparkling clean instead of somewhere infested with all manner of germs

But due to my position, that proves to be impossible.I have to get out there, mingle with people to know how to go about their different complaints, not that I don't have people to do that for me,but I don't trust them.This interaction with people has led my rule to be successful,so much that the king never fails to praise no matter where he is.

Apart from being a duke,I own companies and multiples of them.I am a billionaire, considered the richest in the continent at just thirty.The king only pretends to be nice because (not to brag or anything)but  with my power,I could easily out throne him considering the power I hold even in the military.

My mother on the other hand,I know why she's here...to pressure me in choosing a bride, not just my mother,but the whole ton at this point.Being considered the most eligible bachelor isn't a good title at all.Families bring daughters daily for my mother to assess as if she's the one marrying them.Well...atleast that keeps them of me for the time being.

__________________________

"My dear lovely ever beautiful mother,"I say as I approach her.I know her sweet weakpoints.

"Oh you, with your sweet words.... you shouldn't use them on me but on one of the ladies that I've been recommending to you."

"Mother, please....,"I sigh exasperatedly,"am too tired to continue with the same conversation each and everyday,"

"Then get someone and shut the ton up!they continue talking and talking about you... rumors are running around that you might be into men."

"WHAT!!!,"that am into men? this is the craziest thing I've heard.... ever.I am rarely seen with a woman but that doesn't mean am gay....if only my mother knew am considered the king of the harem by my friends,she wouldn't be saying such things.

"Mother...i am not into men... okay?"

"Then prove it dear...you are not getting younger,I need to see my grandchildren, your father needs to see his lineage continuing,"she says while holding my hands,I know I need to get married but...am just so busy and these noble ladies are anything but noble... just a bunch of hypocrites."attend the ball on Friday... you never know,you might meet a lady that you will like,"

I didn't plan to attend that damn ball but considering the rumors that are going around,I should find a pretty woman to dance around with, that should quite them down for a while.

"Fine mother,but no promises,"

"Sure darling...you didn't go to the office to day,why?"

"I wanted some time off,"After a moment if silence,she asked what I was already expecting.

"You should come visit your father,he misses you,"

My father and I ......we don't have the best relationship,he raised me as a soldier,a duke not a son.I guess he regrets it now since he's really lenient with my siblings.According to him,I set the pace for my siblings.Being the first child isn't easy, parents tend to be extra hard on us.