Misunderstanding | Kurapika

Kurapika x Reader

Reader mistakes Kurapika for a girl when they first meet.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Third POV

You were on your way to meet your friend Leorio at the restaurant you both decided to eat at to catch up.

It had been almost a year since you've seen your friend, apparently he had passed the Hunter Exam. You were looking forward to catching up with him, you considered him a close friend since he helped your relative when they needed medical attention. 

As you got off the train you received a phone call from Leorio. "Hey Leorio I just got off the train, what's up?" You answered.

"Hey [Y/N]!! Would you mind if my friend joined us for lunch? I kinda forgot we had plans after our lunch..."

You rolled your eyes at him even though he couldn't see you, typical of Leorio to over book himself on accident. "Yeah that's no problem" you responded. You really didn't mind meeting someone new.

"Awesome!" He said as you heard a voice in the background "By the way, totally unrelated. Are you still dating that good for nothing?" He asked hastily as the background voice grew louder.

"Ummm you mean Jack? No I broke up with him a while ago....why do you ask?" You answered him a bit confused.

"No reason at all!!! Can't wait to see you gotta go bye" he hung up the phone after hastily saying goodbye even faster than before. You could've sworn you heard someone yelling at him in the background to shut up.....

'Well I better hurry to the restaurant if I'm going to be there before him' you thought to yourself brushing it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You arrived at the restaurant before Leorio and his friend so you stood outside to wait for their arrival. Luckily you didn't have to wait for long.

"[Y/N]!!" You heard a voice call out to you. As you looked up to find its source you found Leorio, and his blonde haired friend. 'Oh my gosh she's so pretty' you thought to yourself. "[Y/N] this is my friend Kurapika" he introduced them and they shyly smiled at you before extending their hand.

"H-Hello [Y/N], it's a pleasure to meet you"

You smiled brightly at them, "It's great to meet you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The three of you sat down together at a table outside. After you both caught up you felt a little guilty that his friend was just sitting there- a bit awkward, just observing the conversation. "So Kurapika!" you turned your attention from Leorio and turned to the new friend "Tell me about yourself, that robe of yours looks like a clan symbol, are you apart of one?"

Kurapika tensed up a bit "yeah umm, I'm a part of the Kurta clan".

You immediately regretted asking about it, you knew the tragic history of the Kurta Clan, you should've recognized it, "oh I'm so sorry I didn't-"

Leorio cut you off "[Y/N] here is a history major buff so she's into that type of thing, cultures and stuff"

"Oh really?" Kurapika visibly peaked up. The two of you continued discussing history a bit before getting lost into getting to know more about each other. You were really hitting it off, so much so that Leorio was now the one excluded from the conversation.

'Perfect' Lerorio thought to himself as he grinned mischievously. "Well I've got to go now you two enjoy yourselfs" Leorio said suddenly before rushing off to who knows where.