26

Something doesn't feel right. Something is happening here in the station and I'm worried about my friends. The entire station begins to rumble, and the lights flicker on and off.

Sarai and I run through the station hand in hand. It's funny, 14 year old me dreamed of this moment, to be reunited again. I'm glad I found Sarai, I'm glad I finally got the answers I was looking for... but god I wish I were with Kitty. Sarai will always have a special place in my heart, but Kitty has my heart, and I'm worried about her.

"Jadey, look," Sarai gasps from behind me.

No, no, no, this isn't suppose to happen. Kuvira's forces are here. Seeing those mechasuits force their way in gives me flashbacks from when Baatar Jr. and his minions jumped us and turned us in to Kuvira. I refuse to let that happen to these people. Varrick, Bolin, Kitty, and I had to fake our death. These people can't go through that trauma of having to escape Kuvira.

They ruined the entrance to the station, there's no way a train is coming for us now, but maybe these badgermoles can be of use, they are the original earthbenders.

"Halt!" One of the men yell.

The evacuees turn to see three mecha suits ambushing them. I drag Sarai over and I place myself in front of her and the crowd.

"Stop that singing," the man from inside the mecha continues to tell Wu. "You're all Earth Empire prisoners. Come with us and no one will get hurt."

"These people are citizens of Republic City, you have no authority here," I reply. "You'll have to go through me if you think-"

"You don't need these people," Wu cuts me off. "They're just innocent civilians caught in the crossfire, but I'm Prince Wu, rightful leader of the Earth Kingdom."

"Wu, what are you doing?" I ask getting annoyed.

As much as I don't like him, I can't let him get himself captured. Kuvira will kill him! He needs to let me handle this.

"Let me handle this, gumdrop," he tells me.

"No way, just get behind me."

"Maybe you should listen to her," Tu says from behind.

"Yeah," Sarai adds. "Jade knows what she's doing."

"Come on, people. I am the future king of the Earth Kingdom, you have to trust me," Wu pleads.

He looks at me deeply. Ugh, he looks pathetic. I don't know, am I an idiot for actually wanting to give
him a chance? That I actually believe him? I mean, I trusted Varrick, and despite him actually going to blow us up, he still got us out of a hostage situation.

"Fine," I finally give in as I drop my fighting stance.

The crowd behind me moans. Wu better know what he's doing.

"Take me to Kuvira," he tells the men. "I've got business with her."

"No! Don't do it, Wu," Tu begs.

"I have to, but before I go," Wu continues.

Oh god, he's gonna sing.

"I'd like to sing you a song."

Please.

"If you don't respect the broach, you don't respect me. Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You're no better than a roach."

I'm an idiot.

I face palm. Even the badgermoles left.

"But I'm royalty. I got my badgermoles with me."