29

2 years ago

"What are you two doing?" I ask Bolin and Kitty.

I catch them near Kuvira's room, leaned against the wall. They're laughing about something. I swear, working with them is like a never ending babysitting job.

"Oh, Jade!" Kitty whispers. "We were just-"

"Wait," Bolin cuts her off. "Don't tell her."

"But-" I start, but Kitty cuts me off as she forces me between her and Bolin.

"Shh," Kitty shushes me.

We watch quietly as Baatar Jr. walks straight past us from out of him and Kuvira's living quarters. I roll my eyes, he is so unaware. I almost gasp as I take a good look at him, but Kitty quickly places her hand over my mouth. Baatar Jr. has the biggest, most ridiculous looking mustache drawn on his face with marker.

"You guys did not," I say as Baatar Jr. finally left the area.

Bolin and Kitty let out a loud laugh. The two fall to the floor, and I only stand there with my arms crossed. They are so immature.

"Now that was funny," Bolin says, finally settling down.

I only look at the two.

"Come on, laugh. You know you wanna," Kitty says teasingly as she pokes my cheek with her finger.

"He did look pretty... Stupid," I say.

I may or may not have let my guard down and smile just a tiny bit. It's true, Baatar Jr. does look stupid, with and without a badly drawn marker mustache.

"Oh, I have to unload," Bolin says suddenly. "See ya, Kitty Cat! Bye, Rocky!"

"Stop calling me that!" I yell as he leaves the train.

"Jade, you should've been there," Kitty laughs. "A stupid mustache for his stupid face."

"I can't believe Bolin convinced you to do that," I say as I shake my head.

"Actually, it was my idea," she says with a smile. "I know it was a little reckless."

"A little?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"You know what I mean. It's just so boring here sometimes, and Bolin was getting a little homesick, so yeah, I wanted to play a small joke to lift his spirits ... We use to play jokes like this on Mako all the time..."

There's a hint of sadness in her eyes. Excuse me if I sound selfish, I just don't get it. I get missing home, but what is this hold Mako has over her? If she meant as much to him as he means to her, he would've told her to stay, he would've begged her, but he didn't, and that kills her inside.

...

Present time- 3 Days After the Fall of Kuvira

"Hey, you ready?"

I turn around to see Bolin. Today we're going out to search for Kitty... Just like we have been for past three days. Tenzin let Bolin and I stay here on Air Temple Island, but we've mostly been out searching for Kitty. I'm only here for sleep, and even that I haven't gotten much of. I miss her... more than anything, and I won't rest until I find her. It's been Kitty and I for three years straight. She's my partner, and I care for her so much, probably more than she'll ever know. I know if I were missing, or Bolin, or even Mako, she'd do the same thing. She wouldn't rest until we're found safe and sound.