I Got Robbed

Ughhhh. My shift at work had just started. I worked there from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. I'd just finished setting everything up and restocking shelves in preparation for my first customer. Of course, it had to be trouble.

I was facing away from the register, stocking the magazines, when I heard a voice from the other side of the counter.

"Give me all the money in the regissster." It said.

Turning around, I saw one of the members of the Gangreen Gang. He had out a small handgun. My boss had warned me about this. Apparently it happened often. There was a button on the underside of the counter on my side that would alert the police. Of course, with the Powerpuff Girls, the police usually just called them before coming out.

"Really?" I tried to make small talk as I carefully pressed the button. "Man, there's like fifty bucks in here at max. It's not worth it."

He raised the gun up to my face. "Money." He demanded.

"Okay." I opened the register. He immediately started shoveling it into his pockets. I decided to try to keep talking to him. Maybe I could keep him here until the Powerpuff Girls arrived. "I met Ace yesterday." I said.

"Yea?" He remarked.

"Yea. He's taller than you." I commented. "He has good style. I like his glasses and his boots."

The guy smirked. "I'll tell him you sssaid that."

"Okay." I said. "My name's Eddie. What's yours?"

"Sssnake." He responded before running out down the street.

Damn, he got away. The Powerpuff Girls showed up seconds later.

"Where's the trouble?" Blossom asked me.

"One of the Gangreen guys just robbed me at gunpoint." I explained. "Said his name is Snake. Pronounced every S really exaggerated."

"We're on it!" She said before they took off.

That was so cool! They really are tiny superheroes!! They were small and cute, but I knew from their many battles on the news that they packed a serious fight.

Having full control over the radio in the gas station, I played Mötley Crüe while I went back to restocking the magazines. In just about ten minutes, the girls were back. They handed me the money from the register.

"Here you go!" Blossom smiled, handing it to me. "Hey, are you new here?"

"Yeah, I'm Eddie." I smiled.

"I'm Blossom!" Said Blossom.

"Bubbles!" Said Bubbles.

"Buttercup!" Said Buttercup.

"If you ever need help, just call for us!" Blossom told me before we said our goodbyes and they went off.

I slid eight bucks into the register before grabbing a back of Marlboro's and heading out. It was time for me to go home. I hopped into my car, a yellow Volkswagen beetle I affectionately nicknamed the Bitch Wagon, and I drove myself home. Once I got back, I washed my dishes from breakfast and went to my room to listen to my CD's. I know those are outdated, but they're so much more fun. I'd gotten myself in the mood for 80's rock, so I decided to listen to more Mötley Crüe. I turned it up pretty loud, but not loud enough to bother any neighbors.

I passionately sang along to Smokin' In The Boy's Room while I set down the pack of cigarettes on my dresser. They were for Ace. I had a bit of a crush on him, even though his friend had just robbed me at work. They're the Gangreen Gang, it's what they do.

My house was pretty far away from other houses, on the very outskirts of Townsville. I had no immediate neighboring houses. My closest neighbor was the woods. Because of this, I decided to turn up my music quite a bit. I was basically blasting it. I was just very happy listening to such a good band.

Of course, with my luck, it turns out I did have a neighbor who could hear me, because I heard a loud pounding on my door. I turned down my music and rushed to the door, checking through the peephole. It was some kind of fuzzy pink creature in overalls, and he had a gun. Definitely not opening the door.

"Hey, I'm so sorry! I didn't realize anyone was nearby!" I apologized through the door. "I turned it down."

"Ya better!!" He yelled. "And ya better stay away from my property!" He had a thick southern accent.

"Yessir." I responded. "You sound southern. Where are you from?" I was trying to calm him down. I carefully opened my door so we could see each other.

"THE SOUTH!" He responded. I think he'd picked up on my accent. It definitely wasn't super thick, but it was noticeable enough for other people who weren't southern. "Where are you from?" He asked.

"Texas." I answered. "It's good to finally meet another southern person 'round here." I was playing up my accent a little bit. It was calming him down, so I tried to lay it on a little thicker. I didn't exactly want to get shot.

"Yeehaw!!" He yelled excitedly. "Well, shucks, you're allowed at my place whenever ya want!"

"Well, thank you!" I smiled. "I'm Eddie. I'll make you some sweet tea at some point."

    "That sounds fantastic!" He smiled. "I'm Fuzzy Lumpkins!"

    After we said goodbye to each other and he left, I walked back inside. "Why am I becoming friends with so many criminals?" I wondered out loud.

    I went back to my room to get dressed in a different outfit. I was about to see Ace, after all.