New Friends

I got dressed in a UFO sweater and some colorful shorts, some socks with rainbows, and my red converse. I chewed on some cotton candy bubblegum to try to freshen my breath a bit before once again grabbing my backpack and heading out.

    Once I got to the park, I saw Ace sitting on one of the wiggly animal things

Once I got to the park, I saw Ace sitting on one of the wiggly animal things. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey, doll." He smiled and stood up.

"Hey." I said, handing him the box of cigarettes. "I got these for you."

"Really?" He smiled and took the cigarettes. "What's the catch?"

"Snake robbed me today and he got arrested. Just consider it an apology." I said.

"He'll be back soon." He sighed. He opened the pack and took a cigarette out, lighting it and taking a hit.

Some people, smoking just makes them look like assholes. Ace, on the other hand, gave me butterflies in my stomach as he'd take a hit, carefully making sure not to blow it at me.

"I met Fuzzy Lumpkins." I mentioned.

"Really? And he didn't shoot you'se?" He smiled.

"No, we're friends now because we're both southern." I explained.

"Wow. That's impressive." He remarked. "He hates pretty much everyone."

"Yea?" I asked. "What are your friends like?"

"Wanna meet 'em?" He offered.

"Sure!" I agreed.

We arrived at their place- a small house in the scrapyard. I didn't mind. I don't judge people by their living conditions. He opened the door for me and I stepped inside. There were three other guys inside.

"Gang, meet Eddie." Ace introduced. "Eddie, meet Big Billy, Lil' Arturo, and Grubber." He gestured to each guy as he said their names.

We greeted ourselves before Ace sat down on a large bean bag. "Come sit down." He said to me.

I smiled and took a seat beside him. To my surprise, he sat with his arm around me. My heartbeat sped up as I tried to relax.

"She doesn't look very rebellious." Arturo observed.

I chuckled. "I'm not. No judgment to you guys, though. My life is just a bit boring."

"Hey, she's chill." Ace said to Arturo. It made me grin to see him defend me. "She might not be a crook like us, but she's no snitch."

"Ptttth!" Grubber loudly blew a raspberry at Ace. "Ptttth pttth ptttttttth."

"Yea." Ace nodded, seemingly understanding what Grubber was trying to say. "She's a friend. In fact, she managed to be friends with Fuzzy."

Billy, Arturo, and Grubber exchanged hush exclamations of surprise.

"Eddie friend!" Big Billy smiled.

"Yeah!" I confirmed.

The four of them cheered a bit. I smiled. I know I'm probably getting wrapped up in a dangerous crowd, but at least they're being nice to me. Ace lit himself another cigarette.

    "Hey man, give me one." Arturo said, walking over to us.

    "Alright." Ace handed him a cigarette and lit it for him.

    Arturo blew a perfect ring with the smoke. I smiled in amazement- I'd never actually seen someone do that before. He seemed to notice my surprise.

    "Do you know any tricks?" He asked.

    "I haven't smoked in years, but I did know one." I nodded.

    "Show us!" Billy said.

    "Hey, she doesn't smoke." Ace said.

    "I'm sure just one hit would be okay." I reassured him, even though this trick would absolutely give me a headache.

    "If you insist." Ace smiled, handing me his cigarette.

    I held the cigarette to my nose and snorted it, trying not to start gagging as the smoke climbed up my nostril. Then I opened my mouth and blew it out.

    "Woahh!!" Billy cheered.

    I handed the cigarette back to Ace.

    "I wanna try that!" Arturo said, putting his cigarette to his nose. He tried snorting it and then immediately began coughing. Ace laughed at him.

    "The drummer from Mötley Crüe could do that." I said. "That's who I learned it from."

    "Ah, I like that band." Ace said.

    "Me too." I smiled. My head hurt a bit from that little trick. "I'm sure it was easier for Tommy Lee because he did cocaine. He was used to snorting things."

    They all chuckled. At least I'm making friends now. That's good.

    After a while, it was dark outside and I needed to get home. Ace offered to bring me back. Once we were back at my house, I stood by him on my doorstep.

    "Thank you'se for hangin' out." He smiled.

    "Thank you for having me over!" I responded.

    He leaned in close to me and cupped my face in his hand, kissing me on the forehead before heading down the steps.

    "I'll see ya soon, yea?" He asked.

    "Yeah." I replied in shock as I watched him leave. Holy shit!! Holy shit!!

    I smiled madly and went inside, immediately calling my friend Priya. I'd been texting her about the cute guy. Now I wanted to tell her about this!

    She picked up. "Hello?"

    "HE KISSED ME!!" I cheered, jumping up and down. "PRIYA, HE KISSED ME!"

    "OH MY GOD!!" She shrieked. "Tell me EVERYTHING!!"

 "Tell me EVERYTHING!!"