PROLOGUE

Camille Martinez let out a soft sigh as she lay in her back garden, gazing up at the sky, watching the clouds drift along without a care in the world

Camille Martinez let out a soft sigh as she lay in her back garden, gazing up at the sky, watching the clouds drift along without a care in the world. Sometimes she wished she could be a cloud, free from all the worries of the world. She hummed a soft tune and closed her eyes, feeling someone sit down next to her.

"Mille." Travis' familiar voice lulled as he laid down beside her. "I have been looking for you everywhere. Dad is going nuts, he says you skipped practice again." Travis sighed as Camille let out a slight laugh at the thought of him running around looking for her when she was just out in the garden all along.

"I'm not even on the team Trav, I don't see why it matters whether i'm a practice or not." She spoke softly as she opened one eye, turning her head to one side slightly so that she could see her brother. "Plus I would rather not spend my time watching him care more about those girls than he's ever cared for us," she added before returning to her previous position, eyes closed as she basked in the sun.

"Isn't one of those girls quite literally your best friend?" Travis asked letting out a slight laugh as he reached out, taking his sister's hand in his own and intertwining their fingers. "But i understand what you mean. he cares for those girls as if they're his own yet he hardly notices that we exist most of the time."

"He's different with Javi though at the very least. and we have each other so it doesn't even really matter." Camille spoke as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "and nothing is ever gone change that right?"

"Not in a million years. It's you and me, Mille." Travis affirmed as he squeezed her hand back making his sister smile. she believed him, with everything she had. They were a team and they would always be a team.

It was them against the world. No matter what.

 No matter what