10

With my usual uniform on I was off.

See my rounds consist of just walking all over Japan. I visit over a hundred different provinces of Japan every day.

I can't miss or some places will definitely get haunted.

I can't have ghost around. Grell won't allow me any way.

She said she refused to repeat the fiasco of 1965.

Whatever that is.

When it hit 3am I end up back in my home city which I usually leave for last. It was later than usual considering there has been way more deaths lately.

I usually finish by 1am.

I decide instead of teleporting since I'm in my home town it'll be just easier to walk.

A stop to the hospital, 5 houses and a alley way (which had a poor woman who had just been killed may she rest in peace), the morgue and the funeral home to send off the lingering spirits I had yet to reap I was done.

It was my usual night nothing new.

Until once again I saw Karma again in a alley way.

My question is what is with the man and alley ways in the middle of the night.

Does he want to be kidnapped?

Is he a fucking masochist?

Maybe he just really likes to beat up guys.

Who ever shall know?

(In the future I found out he was looking for the since the first night he saw me considering he was only in the alley way the first night after beating up some guys)

I decide the best option is to avoid him. I mean to be fair he has school tomorrow.

Of course with my luck I get caught thankfully out of uniform.

"Oh look who it is  Ace kun out in the middle of the night again? What would dear old Daddio say when he sees his star student out in the middle of the night in a bad part of town.?"

I growl.

" It's none of your business Akabane. "

He smiles his twisted smile

" Really then what would happen if I decide to let your father know your out here. You know his top student  out in the middle of the night not a home clearly missing curfew. "

I scowl and glare at him.

Goddamn Akabane. He pisses me off. Why the fuck is he so great and cool and my only competition but keep failing?

He has so much potential he could be my equal or even my better but he waste it on being a fool.

" It's funny considering I'm not even the principals student anymore nor do I live with him." I retort.

I see the intrigue spark in his eyes and see his mouth almost twitch into a smile.

"Really not your teacher then please explain?"

I smile before I step closer into his face. "Starting the day after tomorrow I'm officially a member of E class Akabane."

I see the intrigue turn into surprise before it turns into curiosity.

"Really what did you do the star student of the Academy  and principals son to get sent to E class?"

I smile before whispering into his ear.

"I punched a teacher"

And before I can see his face change I start walking away.

As I leave the alley way I hear him call out to me

"Wow who knew you had the balls to do that? I always thought you were a boneless coward. Is that the reason your not at home right now? "

My eyes twitch in anger

I nod " before you decide to pretend to worry-"

He interrupts me " I was never gonna do that but continue. "

" I do have a comfortable place to stay at. "

He snorts " I was never worried  Ace-Kun"

I shrug." I don't care if I'm being honest this was just to let you know. Do with the information as you will. I don't care. "

And before he can reply I walk away

Goddamn karma. He pisses me off. He's a genius my perfect rival but he lowered himself to E class

In my thoughts I said to myself I had fallen there too for a selfish reason

I sigh and decide to teleport to my apartment deciding I have had enough walk time anyways.

The moment I get back to the familiar apartment I flop onto my bed.

I sigh and look back on a familiar memory

The first time I reaped a soul.

"Are you sure I have to do this?" Karma asked grell who was right next to me in the cold hospital room where a lonely old woman layed

Room 513 I still remember to this day

She nods. "this is fairly simple because this isn't a murder case or anything but still it has to be done.

I looked back on my file. The case was of a 90 year old woman who was a widow before she could ever have any children and stayed loyal to her dead husband. She has no realitives as she was an only child and her husband was an orphan.

She lived a poor life but was always kind to anyone who needed it naming her the Neighborhood granny.

Her neighbor saw her passed out and took her to the hospital but it was too late to attempt to save her as her old age made it impossible to help her.

" But she was kind why do we have to kill her? " I ask grell.

Grell thinks for a moment before replying" She's lived a life waiting to join her husband and you really want to take her right from joining him when it's her time? "
His face scrunches before I walk towards the old lady.

She sees me and smiles. " Are you death young man? " She asked

Out of nerves I just nodded and she smiled once again " thank you for coming for me" is all she says before I slice her throat and she dies.

I tear up before I wipe my tears and join grell again who gives me a hug.

'good memories ' I say to myself looking back at that memory fondly

Authors note - am I back 4 months later? Yes I am