Make Ups

I wake up to my phone vibrating. I look at the dresser. I see a bunch of texts from the Bakers, especially Jordan. I look at recent one and see Spencer. I call him back. "GEMINI CONTESSA GLORIANA FLORES!" I wince as he shouts my name into the phone. "Where the hell are you?" "Ummm. I can't tell you." I state. "...are you safe?" "Yes. I'll meet you at your place later promise." I tell him. "Okay. You had me worried." "Well, I'm fine. So stop worrying." I state. I hang up. I kiss Maya's head. I get up and grab Shawn's shirt. I walk out the room. I look for another shoe. "I can take you home." He offers. I look back at him. "Spencer would lose his shit," I state. "When will you be back." "What do you mean?" I ask. "When will you be back...?" He repeats. "That's up to you," I state. I walk out the door.

I get back to the house. I open the door. "I'm back!" I shout. I hear running and see the twins fighting on the steps Liv shoves her brother. She hugs me. "You scared the shit out of me." She states. She lets me go. Laura hugs me and cups my head. "Don't ever do that again. We were so worried." She kisses my forehead.

"Anyla." I ignore him. "I smell like shit so I'm gonna take a bath." I walk past Jordan as I walk up the stairs.

The crowd cheers and the football players get back on the field.

"They've been aggressive all season and tonight's no different."

"The teams moving to press coverage now. Hoppin up on his feet. JAMES WITH THE STOP!" We cheer.

"This kid is a one-man wrecking ball." I look at Spencer with a grin on my face and see him holding his side.

"Stays out on offense again. He's been playing both ways all night."

"Another miscommunication from the eagles." I cross my arms. He shouldn't be playing both sides. "That's the end of the first half. Hawthorne leading 10-7." He states. I look at Spencer. I walk over to him. "Nice uniform." "Thanks. What's going on with you? What's wrong with your side?" I ask. "Shawn." He states. "He hurt you," I state. "Ya, and he had a lot to say about you." "Spence..." "You told me you two were done." He states. "It's not that easy." "ain't it?" The coach blows his whistle. "I already lost Coop to him. I am not losin' you too." "Spencer! SPENCER!"

I look down at the field. "Mija!" I look in the distance and see my mom. "MAMI" she hugs me. "Shhh todo va estar bien mi amor." "Lo siento, lo siento mucho." I cry.

I sit on the couch with a cup of coffee in my hand. "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let you go." "No Mami. If I didn't go I'd be here unhappy and alone. There I have friends. People who care about me. And here I am crying like a bitch over boys." I state. "Why do the men in my life always let me down?" "Because they're not just boys. Shawn is the father of your child. Spencer is your best friend and longest friend. Your father is...your father." I nod. "And I haven't met this Jordan but he seems like a good boy. Who made some mistakes. You have to remember that not just you and Spencer's lives got uprooted." I lean my head back. "I hate it when your right." "I know." she hugs me.

"Now go be with your friends. I'm missing my telenovelas for this." "Mami have you been watching Jane the Virgin without me?" I ask. She looks away. "Mami!" "What? You were busy." "Not won't be weekends," I state.

I walk to the park and see Coop and Spencer

I walk to the park and see Coop and Spencer. "Thanks for coming." "Not really sure how smart this is, after that last appearance you made." We sit on the swings. "You know I remember when we met. First day at little league. Man, I didn't even know you was a girl." "That's cause I strikes yo ass out 3 times." "Twice man."

"Three."I correct. "When they figured it out they tried to make me play for the girls league. And She-Ra over here tried to fight the coach." I snicker. "And you was like 'No! If she go I go!' But they needed you. You was a baller at 6 so I got to stay and Gemini gotta ass whoopen." I laugh out loud. "I'm worried about you Coop." "You don't need to be." She states. "You two need to stop worrying about everybody else. I got it handled for real this time but you gotta trust me." She states.

"What?" He asks. "What?" "What you lookin at me for?" He asks. "Cause you being all deep with me. I expect that from bubbles, not you."

"Shut up."
"Stupid."
"Bitch."

We look at one another and start laughing. We get back to the Baker's house. "Remember whatever happens." "Ya, I got JJ on speed dial." "Man." I chuckle as we walk through the door. "I'm serious."

We see them all in the kitchen. "Hey, man. Hope you're hungry young Spencer and Princess Gemini." "Dad's making his famous ribs. He's just mixed two sauces but it's pretty good." I laugh at Olivia. "It's more than good it's kind of amazing." Laura defends. "Thank you, baby." "You're welcome."

"It's more than two sauces. Okay, come on let's eat." "You sure?" I ask. "Yeah man, there's plenty for everybody." He states. "Not what we meant."
He states. "I know what you meant. The family discussed it and decided. There's plenty for everybody." He takes the food outside.
"Spence Any uh...sorry about the whole permit thing. I was angry at my dad and took it out on you two and ...it's not cool. But I didn't mean to take you away from your families." "There's worse places to end up than Beverly Hills right?" He jokes. "Right. So uh we straight?" "Yeah, we straight." He shakes his hand.

They start heading into the back. I grab Jordan's shirt. He turns around. I go behind the counter.
"An-" "No listen. Some people have a bad day. I have a bad life. Some people have choices. I had none. Not til now. So if you really like me Jordan you'll just be my friend." I state. He looks down at me. "Okay, I can live with that. But for the record, I don't like you." "Mutual." He hugs me. I place my head on his chest even though he leaned down.

It went on longer than excepted. I guess I just like being in his arms. "Jordan! Gemini!" We separate. He clears his throat. "You wanna go- I can." "No ya." We walk out the kitchen and sit down at the table.