chapter eight

Prime sat alone on the bench in the park. The sadness that weighed on his circuits was almost too much to bear. He had just lost another Autobot in battle, and the weight of the responsibility of leading them to victory was starting to take its toll.

That's when Y/N walked by, and Prime couldn't help but be drawn to her. As she approached him, he turned his head slightly to meet her gaze. Y/n could see the sadness all over his face and asked him if he was okay.

Optimus just shook his head, his optics tearing up. Y/n sat beside him, put her hand on his back and started to rub it. He looked at her, and she could see the pain in his eyes. Suddenly, he wrapped his massive arms around her, and Y/N was shocked, not expecting such a move from him. However, she didn't hesitate to hug him back, telling him everything was okay.

They both just sat there, huddled together on the bench. Y/n decided to pull out a blanket, which she had brought with her, and put it over Prime's broad shoulders, comforting him with her warmth. Optimus closed his eyes as he enjoyed the comfort that Y/n provided, and all the pain he had been feeling seemed to ebb away, even just for a moment.

Finally, Prime looked up at Y/N and acknowledged her kindness. There was something in his optics that showed he was grateful for her presence, and he smiled ever so slightly. Y/N knew that she may have not been able to do much, but she was glad she was able to provide some comfort to him.

As they sat there, the world faded away, and it was just them and the stars above them, shining brightly. Optimus knew he had a difficult road ahead but having Y/n there to comfort him had made it seem a little more bearable.