chapter nineteen

"Optimus, have you heard the one about the 'Con who walks into a bar?" Miko grinned mischievously at the Autobot leader. Optimus had been feeling a little down lately, and she wanted to cheer him up.

"No, Miko," Optimus chuckled obligingly. "What happens?"

Miko launched into the joke, her eyes lighting up as she watched Optimus's reaction. The punchline wasn't particularly funny, but Optimus's booming laughter more than made up for it. He laughed so hard that he toppled over onto his back, holding his sides. Miko giggled along with him, delighting in the fact that she had managed to make Optimus laugh so hard.

As Optimus struggled to regain his composure, Miko quickly launched into another joke, and then another one after that.

Each joke sent Optimus into another fit of hysterics, and at one point, he even had to clutch his chest as he struggled to catch his breath.

Miko continued to rattle off joke after joke, feeling like she was on a roll. She couldn't remember the last time she had seen Optimus so relaxed and carefree.

Finally, after what felt like hours of joking around, Miko decided to call it quits. She could see that Optimus was exhausted, and she didn't want to push him too far.

As she started to leave, Optimus called out to her. He was still snickering a little bit, but his expression suddenly grew more serious.

"Thank you, Miko," he said sincerely. "I needed that."

Miko grinned back at him. "Anytime, Optimus. I've got plenty more where that came from.""