24

"Don't put your hands down my pants," Luke snaps.

I smack his stomach with the back of my hand and then continue trying to fix how stupid he looks. "Your shirt looks dumb with how you tucked—"

"I know how to tuck in a dress shirt, I've only been doing it—"

"—wrong. You did it—"

"—correctly. It looked fine." He huffs and grabs both of my hands. "You're not unbuttoning my pants to fix nothing."

"You can unbutton my pants," Trevor calls from the other side of the room. Technically, I should be a room over with the bridal party but these guys came to the venue to get dressed instead of staying at the house. I was sent by Bridezilla to make sure nobody looks stupid.

A solid, "Settle down." follows from Jack.

I struggle against Luke's hold. "Luke, this is my sister's wedding. I need you to look put together."

"Oh, is it your sister's wedding?" He asks. I glare up at him and his smile becomes comforting rather than teasing. "Okay, okay. Fix my shirt for me."

"Have I ever told you you're my best friend?" I smile probably a bit too wide for a girl reaching her hands down a guy's pants just to shove his shirt down into them.

"Once or twice," he says. Luke sighs as I button his pants back up. "Am I supposed to find you if I like go to the bathroom and fuck up my shirt?"

"Raise your arms." I make a few more minor adjustments and then give him a firm pat on the shoulder. My brain tries not to pay attention to my dad's old lapel pin I gave Luke on his draft day. "Don't fuck it up before pictures."

"When are pictures?" Jack asks.

Luke walks out of my way of seeing the other two. I don't know where Quinn went. I do know Trevor looks stupid. Which is my exact job to prevent.

Disgust tries to take over at the fact I even have to say this. "Less cleavage there, Z."

"Look who's talking." He's got me there. The bridesmaid dresses are pretty revealing on a boobage level.

"Either button up or I'll do it for you."

He begins buttoning up his shirt a bit more while making sure I notice his eyes rolling. It almost makes me laugh. Almost. I'm too stressed and hyped at the same time to. I wanted to. The weird adrenaline mix running through my veins doesn't allow me to.

"When are pictures?" Jack repeats.

I grimace and he immediately copies it. "Is that how you're wearing your tie?"

"How else would I wear it?" He sighs and nods. "Come redo it."

The moment I'm in front of him, pulling his tie out of the knot he'd chosen, I feel that adrenaline mix has a third part to it. Then I glance up at him and he's already smiling at me and I feel it turn into one thing and one thing only. A thing that only Jack's causing recently. My brain is filled with the urge to kiss him. Right here, right now.

I don't. Instead, I tie his tie into a better knot than the one he chose. Probably taking longer than I might have if it was on someone else. It took a bit more effort to focus on getting it right. I do it though. With a last bit of adjustment, I look up at him. He's watching me so carefully. So...

"Perfect," I whisper. Apparently. That was supposed to be in my head.

"Thanks to you," he whispers back.

* * * * *

Weddings are way more fun as an adult. Maybe it's the alcohol. Maybe it's because I already did my speech and can simply socialize. Maybe it's because Jack's by my side. Who knows? Whatever it is, I like it.