The Pageant

Leah

I opened my eyes feeling better rested than I have been in months. I felt like I actually slept peacefully last night. Then I felt it. The unmistakable hand over my back, and the chest rising and falling beneath my head.

"Good morning, love," came from an incredibly sexy accent in its morning voice.

I shrieked nearly and scooted back out of his grasp, in turn falling off the bed.

An involuntary, "owwww," came out of my mouth as I rubbed my sure to be bruising ass. I leaned on the bed for support, trying to stand up.

"How did I- um how did I get here?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Well I had come downstairs last night to watch the movie with you lot, but then you fell asleep on me. So I brought you up here." He said simply.

"Oh.. thanks I guess."

"Why, did it disturb you?" He smirked.

"No, it's just not everyday that I wake up in the arms of a man."

"Sorry, love, truly. But I didn't want to leave you on the couch. And you happen to move around in your sleep."

"What time is it?" I said letting out a yawn.

"About 12 o'clock."

"What! 12 o'clock why'd you let me sleep? The pageants today! Bekah and I were supposed to go out before it started! It begins at 2! How is that suppose to be enough tim-" I panicked. I was pacing around the room.

"Sweetheart, I'm sure my sister is more than capable of getting you ready, with her... abilities."

"Shouldn't you be getting ready? I mean if I remember correctly, you were going to take Caroline." I said looking at him expectantly.

"Yes, I suppose I should be going. Who will be taking you?" He asked.

"Uumm, I don't know, I guess I'll make Kol take me." I said weighing out my chances.

"Would love to darling." Came from Kol at the doorway. Damn why's he always listening in?

"Perfect, I'll be with your sister." I said walking past Kol.

We canceled our plans of going out and getting our hair done, so instead we stayed at the mansion and did it there. I know it's just a pageant, nothing special really, but to Rebekah, a party's a party.

We get there a little late, but no one noticed all the same. I looked over and saw Klaus trailing after Caroline. After she introduced, the following Miss Mystic candidates, I looked around for Kol, but instead found someone else.

"Damon," I said looking around for any of the other characters.

"Leah," he said looking around. "Since you know everything, where has little Gilbert run off to? Elena's worried." I racked my brain trying to remember, where he was.

"He's with Stefan. They went off to kill a vampire, in the Lockwood cellar." He sped off, not caring who saw, and left me standing there. Well Kol officially ditched me. Dick head. And where the hell was Rebekah? I sighed and sat down at an empty table, finally realizing the inevitable.

How was I supposed to get home? This was all great, but would I ever get home? My mind was racing, until someone stood in front of me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey, Leah, right?" Elena asked a little nervous.

"That's me," I said with a fake smile. With everything happening, I wasn't all too happy to talk to anyone right now.