We'll Always Have Bourbon Street

Leah

I've never actually been tortured before. I mean sitting through a lecture with the most monotonic teacher, fighting to stay awake. That's how I'd define torture. It all started at school.

Lemme back up. I had woken up in the bed I've been sleeping in the past two days. No doubt, thanks to Klaus. I stretched my arms out and sat up.

There was an iPhone and a note on the nightstand next to his bed in Klaus' impeccable cursive writing.

Leah,

I'm sorry, I know I said I'd take you to enroll you to at MFHS but duty calls. By the time you wake up, I'll already be on a plane to Italy, to retrieve the Hunters sword, which you most likely already knew about. The phone next to this note is yours. I've already put everyone's number in it. Rebekah will take to today with her, to school. Call if you need anything.

Klaus

I yawned and took the phone from the table and unlocked it. It was still about six forty five. I let out another yawn and pulled the covers off me.

Ugh, I'm still in my dress from yesterday. I walked over to the closet and pulled out an outfit, from the clothes we went shopping for. I grabbed a towel and walked into the bathroom, where I washed the make up from yesterday off. I grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth, then I took a quick shower.

About an hour later, when I was all clean and ready for my first day, I walked over to Rebekah's room and was about to knock when she opened door, already dressed.

"Ready?" She said with a smile. We got in her car and drove over to the school.

At the front desk, in the office, we walked up to the lady. Once we made sure there was no one coming in or going out, Rebekah leaned over and compelled the lady.

"My friend Leah Monroe, here is, starting today, as our newest student at Mystic Falls High. She doesn't need any paper work filled out, and if absolutely necessary, you will fill it out yourself. She'll be needing a schedule..." she stopped and leaned back over to me.

"What classes do you want?" She asked.

"Um... I don't care the same as yours," I said on the spot.

"...Preferably the same classes as mine. We'll be wanting it now please. So if you could get that done, that'd be perfect." She said with a smile.

I was standing there, staring in awe. I'd seen compulsion done countless times on the show, but this was my first time seeing it upfront. She was such a natural. Of course she would be, she's a thousand years old dimwit.

The lady typed up a few more things and soon the printer was going. I thanked her and we went to our first period. History.

We got there and Elena walked in late, with her hair up in a bun. Oh my gosh yesterday was the episode that she and Damon... I smiled and looked up her, while she took the seat next to me. On the other side of her Caroline looked confused, but brushed it off.

Class started and I realized, it wasn't Alaric, teaching but someone else. Then I remembered he wasn't apart of the show anymore. At least not for the rest of this season.

I sighed and stared out the window, totally out of it until the bell rang. Rebekah said she had to go to her locker really quick but she'd meet me in our next class. I walked outside to see Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie, talking.

"...clearly they don't have a flat iron at hotel Salvatore," Caroline said.

"I was in a rush, hey Leah," Elena called me over, as she took her hair out of a bun.