The start?

Although he tried, no matter how fast Katsuki ran, he couldn't get any closer to the house in flames. The very house where two of his best friends lived and where one of them should be while the other was at the doctor figuring out his quirk.

Sure, he was only a seven-year-old, but he felt like he could be faster. It seemed like ages had passed, but after some time he finally made it to the house. There was no one around, as if he was the only one in the world who mattered right then. Normally, he would say that feeling was correct, but not when the person he loved most, only after his parents, might have burned to death right in front of him.

The closer he got to the burning house, the hotter he felt like. Katsuki could swear that he saw a small figure, much like himself, running through the back of the house. Without knowing when, a bunch of other people who seemed like shadows were around him, trying and failing to understand why the house of a famous pro hero who used flames was in flames. However, no matter how much Katsuki tried to tell them, no one noticed the small figure running away. No one but Katsuki, that is. Not even his parents, which appeared out of nowhere, believed. They only insisted that their poor son was still in the phase of having imaginary friends.

Soon, all the other figures disappeared, and Katsuki felt as if he was alone again. The burning house wasn't there anymore, and the only thing left was a small box that Katsuki knew very well. When he opened it, the only things inside were a black necklace with two false crystals, one light pink and the other bright red, a photo with five people posing, but none of their faces appearing, and a small note with a very child-like writing. The photo soon was lost with the wind and burned to ashes in the burning house after touching it. As for the note, all it said was...

...Then I woke up. Hell, how long has it been since I had a dream like this? Thanks to it, now I have to shower and take these sweaty clothes off.

As I was heading to the bathroom, I saw on the clock that it was already 2p.m. Gosh, I really should put an alarm, even if I'm on a break from work. I'll just take a quick shower and go eat something outside. I still need to check on Tsukauchi and see if there are any new cases.

~*°*~

On the moment I entered the subway, an incoming call came from Tsukauchi. Once I accepted it, the only thing that I heard was the tapping sound from the keyboard until he started talking.

"Good afternoon, Ground Zero."

"What happened for you to be calling me so suddenly?"

"I need a little help with a case. Usually I would call Eraserhead or another underground pro hero for that matter, but since the case involves you, I'm calling you now."

Now that was surprising. I know that I'm one of the few pro heroes on the Top 10, but it's rare for a case involve a specific pro hero.

"What is the problem?"

"Around 1a.m today, the neighborhood of an abandoned building in the south of Musutafu reported the screams of, at least, 10 people who supposedly were inside that building. The problematic part is that even after going there, we didn't find anything."

"I still don't understand what that has to do with me." I said with a frown. Sure, if there were that many people inside an abandoned building, they most likely were a group of villains, but that still doesn't explain why I'm the one being called.

"Normally, nothing. The thing is, upon closer examination we found out that the group that was illegal living there was the X Sharks. The villain group whose boss you caught around two years ago. According to what we find from the base, they were planning to take revenge on you, with a much-elaborated plan."

This caught my attention. It's not rare for villains to take revenge on heroes, but that X something group were planning and preparing for two years without anyone noticing. Wait, didn't he say that they didn't find anything?

"Detective, what the heck did you mean when you said you didn't find anything? Plans and things like don't already count as something?" I'm pretty damn sure I heard him sighing after that.

"Like I said, that's the problem. We went there after people reported hearing screams, but all we found were those plans that indicated whose base it was, and a safe already open and empty. Except for that, no bodies, no killer, no blood, absolutely nothing that explained why people were hearing screams from there. Even when we interrogated the ones that made the report, all we got was that the screams were definitely from pain, as if they were being tortured. We don't know if the person or group who attacked them were simply looking for money, or if they knew they were planning to attack you and that's why they killed them."

In other words, someone with a quirk that let's them kill a lot of people painfully and get rid of evidences right after may be just a robber or someone who wants something to do with me. Yeah, I'm not excited to find them, I'm only 26 years old.

"*sigh* I'm going to see what I can do, but can't promise any progress. I'm a hero, not a detective, after all."

"That's enough. I figured there was no use to tell you now since you wouldn't know much about it to help, but since the case involves you I thought it'd be good to alert you. I'm going to call back if we find anything else, but if you find or figure anything out, call me."

"Will do." With that, I turned off the phone, noticing that I needed to get off the subway. When I left the subway, I noticed where I was. Gosh, I always seem to come back to this place, don't I? I didn't plan to come here. Maybe It's because the U.A's entry exams are tomorrow.

As I followed the path that I used to, I began thinking about him. If he didn't run away that day, would I be bringing him together to watch the U.A's entry exams? Maybe, I would get to hear him murmuring and analyzing every candidate that might become my student. Maybe, if it was a few years before, both of us would be taking the exam together and competing to see who got more points. While I walked, I couldn't help but wonder, what would have happen if he didn't ran away?

Maybe, if my memories didn't blurry as the years have passed, that day when I was 26 would have been different. If all I remembered from his appearance wasn't only his light pink hair, a mix from his parents hair colors, and his blue eyes, much like his father's. If I remembered his name was Izuku Todoroki, not only Izu-chan, as I used to call him. If I remembered his quirk was more than just something that let him control another person as if he was in their body. If I remembered those things, how different would things have been?

Lost in my mind, without noticing I arrived on the house that hunted my dreams and memories. The house where the Todoroki family used to live and where I last saw him before it burned down. I didn't even notice that some people were looking suspiciously at me because the way I was dressed to avoid being recognized was really suspicious. All I noticed once I entered the now burned to ashes house was the green haired man on the ground taking out the dust of what seemed to be a doll with his back turned on my direction.

"For all I know this place is private you know? Unless you have permission you can't enter here just because you want." If I'm being honest, yes, I just said that because I may end up being to immersed in my memories, and I didn't want someone to see that ugly sight. If I'm ever going to admit that to someone other than myself? Hell will freeze over before I even dream of doing that.

Once I saw that he wasn't moving at all, I started to question If I said something that made him froze. Maybe He was only scared of being caught and couldn't move because of that? It's a possibility. When I was going to question him further, I saw him running away.

"WAIT- gosh, he's fast." Not bothering to run after him, I noticed that he had tears dropping from his face. What the hell? Did I say something that made him cry? At least I saw a bit of his face. Freckles and green eyes, huh? Maybe I should ask Tsukauchi later to see if there is anyone like that later. Well, let's not think about it, surely it's not something too important since I don't remember seeing him on the news or something.

After that, I spentthe rest of the day too lost on memories to count how many hours had passed;only going home after the sun went down.