04

january 8, 2022

i slept on the couch last night, passing out after the whole.. event happened.

it's currently 11 am, and i'm hiding in kalynn's bathroom trying to fix my puffy my eyes are. and also trying to figure out how i'm going to speak to weston. and also how i'm gonna survive doing all this without dumping all my problems on hoover.

it's hoovers birthday today, so i'm trying not to bother him about my boy problems.

i decide to call aksel, still hogging kalynn's bathroom. to be fair, it is the 'everybody bathroom' so..

once he picks up, i sit down on the floor and start telling him everything. he's really honest about everything, he told me i "probably shouldn't have ran away like that, it made it obvious." .  so now im sitting in a bathroom floor, trying to figure out how to celebrate my best friend's birthday without bumping into another one of my best friends. okay.

aksel actually helps a bit, and now i have the courage to leave the bathroom.

bad idea.

the second i come out of the bathroom, i see weston waiting at kalynn's door, standing directly across from me. he isn't facing me, thank god, so i try to move as quietly as possible.

i actually think i got away with it before he shouts my name. holy shit. please. please dont make this awkward. he catches up to me and starts to speak.

"hey mar."

"hi."

"so, what's your gift for hoover?" he doesnt bring up last night at all, thank god. relieved, i answer him.

"uhm, one of them was supposed to be the btr tickets but you gave that away, so now it's just airpods."

this time, he's the one shooting me a look, "airpods? mara chanel, the amazing gift giver, got hoover brown AIRPODS? for his BIRTHDAY? his 21ST BIRTHDAY?"

"holy shit stop screaming! he's been wanting airpods for like, months because he broke his last pair. so i got him two airpods just incase some shit like that happens again. and obviously, i got him some wine."

"ew. wine?— wait, two airpods?"

"yeah. you need to practice your inside voice william koury. i'm serious. you probably woke him up with all your screaming."

before he can say anything else, kalynn walks out of her room.

"hey mar! we're going to pick up hoover's cake. you coming with us?"

i can feel weston's eyes on me, i don't know why but, it's scary.

"uhh, it might take a while, you know? i have to borrow clothes and all that, don't wanna make you guys wait."

kalynn starts to nod, and just as she's about to agree, weston chimes in.

"pffft. we don't mind. come on, i actually have a shirt i think you'd love." he grabs my wrist and runs to his room, me having to keep up with him.

we get to his room, and he lets go of my wrist, leaving me a bit sad. i don't know why i was expecting him to keep holding my hand.

once we're in his room, he closes the door, leaving me scared. i know where this is going.

"so.." he starts, "about last night, you know.."

"i just.. had a lot on my mind, i'm sorry, i know that was awkward." i laughed a bit saying the last sentence, trying to ease the tension.

he looks at me for a bit, before blurting out,

"was it about me?"

i start to feel embarrassed again, at this point i'm trying to hide my face in my hair while thinking of a response.

"something like that." is all i can say.

"... was it about .. us?"