6

the room is silent, but comfortable. we sit down at his bed, seemingly enjoying the silence, before he breaks it.

"mar,"

"what were you and hoover talking about?" he adds.

panicking, i blurt out whatever pops into my mind. "i told you, you."

"well yeah, but, what about me?"

sighing, and visibly distressed, i do whatever it takes to end this conversation as soon as possible. "weston, please, i told you i was sleepy."

"mara, please." he pleads, and it feels as though i have no option but to be truthful with him.

"weston, no, i- i just can't. it's not fair to hoover, okay?" fuck. i know that if i don't tell him now, i'll still have to tell him some other time.

unless i lie my way out of it.

he gets up without warning, and i start to panic. before i can muster out a single word, he's already up and gone. i know i should go after him. i know. i know i should.

so that's what i do, and that's ultimately what ruins my friendship with him.

i get up, running to catch up with him who, is actually walking at a pretty fast pace himself. i grab his hand in an attempt to turn him around to face me, in which i succeed, but in which i'm met with a scowl.

"w-weston.. what's wrong?" i'm hesitant to speak, hesitant to enrage him any further. it seems as though i already have, which is what terrifies me.

"what's wrong? what's wrong is that i can't even talk to you without you shutting me out, mara. i asked you a question, a simple one at that, and yet you can't even have the decency to answer properly! do you know how- ... how annoying that is?" he answers in one breath, seemingly holding back at the last sentence.

i'm left with no words. i'm still trying to register what just happened, and there's still a hint of shock and confusion on my face. "weston, we were just.. talking about you, how far you've come since we first met you. okay?"

he scoffs, obviously not buying this shit show i'm putting on for him.

"would it kill you to tell me the truth for once?"

there's a hint of desperation, exhaustion in his face, hidden across his scowl. i can tell he's on the brink of crying, and what i want to do most is pull him into my arms and hug him as tight as i can. but i don't. i know i can't. so i maintain our distance, and mutter out whatever i can before i, myself, break down into tears.

"i'm sorry. i really am. i just- i can't tell you. i think you know why." my voice quivers, and i decide that this is when our conversation ends. i head straight for hoover's room, mistakenly hitting weston's shoulder on the way.

he stands there, also on the brink of tears, before heading back to his room. he takes one final look towards the direction of hoover's room, hoping to have even just a glance at mara, before going into his own room.

- wrote this at 4 in the morning Who cheered! 🙂🙂🙂🙂
also my first time writing in MONTHS i don't even watch sinjin anymore yallllll 😭😭😭