05

as if kalynn had heard me mentally calling out for help, she knocked on the door right after he said that. god is good !

i can tell weston is pissed as she walks over to us, seeming a bit distressed.

"dude, hoover is awake! i heard him! i heard him like, moving around!" she whisper-screams.

"so?" weston says in an irritated manner.

i can tell kalynn's growing irritated too now, her response being "so we're fucked! his birthday cake needs to be here before he wakes up. wasn't that obvious?"

i decide to chime in, seeing as this could be an opportunity for me to escape weston.

"look, you guys go get the cake. i'll distract him or something, okay?"

"god, thank you mar you lifesaver." kalynn says before rushing weston to get out of the house.

the rest of the day goes smoothly, weston and i weren't alone so he never had the opportunity to ask me about last night.

it's 1 am now, hoover and i are downstairs in the kitchen while the siblings were in their rooms.

"so what are you gonna say if he asks you that again?" he asks, seeming interested now that some drama is actually happening.

"dude, i don't know! 'uh yeah i was thinking about us and how i'm madly in love with you'. is that good?"

"straightforward... , honest.. , i don't see how you could possibly go wrong with that!" he jokes.

i hear weston's door open and i freeze, and so does hoover. shit. did he hear us talking about him?

he looks at us from upstairs, i do everything i can to pretend like i don't know he's there. i hear him coming down the stairs,

"hey, what are you guys talking about?" he says, walking towards us.

"we were talking about sleeping. like how i'm actually going to bed, like, right now and how mar should just spend the night in your room. right mara?" hoover explains in great detail, making me want to kill him.

"you're insane." is my response, staring daggers into him for making it awkwardly obvious that i like weston.

"well, i'm off!" is the last thing he says before winking at me and heading to his room.

"finally, some alone time." weston says. what the fuck does that mean?

i nod, not being able to come up with a response.

"i have a question." he says. this boy cannot take a hint. i really don't wanna talk!

"shoot." i'm literally panicking. if this is about last night, i think i'm gonna collapse. and it definitely is.

"i thought you and hoover were talking about the btr tickets in the bathroom."

what?

i genuinely have no idea what he's talking about. i'm more so relieved that it's not about last night. not to mention, that's not even a question.

"huh?"

"yesterday. on my birthday. you said you were talking to hoover about your gift for me. wasn't the gift the big time rush tickets?"

"mhm?"

"so, if he knew about the tickets, why was that one of your gifts.. to him?"

"i'm not gonna lie here. i'm so fucking confused."

"okay, let me try to explain this." he laughs, and immediately after, pretty much says the same thing. only this time, i actually get it, and i'm fucked.

"okay, fine. we weren't talking about your gift." 

"so.. what were you guys talking about?"

"you."

"me?"

i nod, not knowing where i'm going with this. is this it? am i confessing to him? fuck.

"okay." he leaves it at that, before heading to the fridge. huh? why'd he just drop it like that?

"so, you wanna go to five below tomorrow?" he adds.

"of course! i haven't been to one in a long ass time."

"dude you're missing out. that's why you need to move in soon! get the full texas experience you know?"

i giggle, "excited for me to move in?"

"honestly, i can't wait. only thing that bothers me is the fact that you'll have to use my bathroom. in MY room."

"it's not like your beds even in your room anyway."

"whatever. i'm just excited to have you right beside me, i don't know."

"i'm sleepy." i'm not. i'm trying to hide how hard i'm blushing.

"well come on." weston smiles and grabs my hand before leading me upstairs.

usually he only grabs my wrist when he wants to run off somewhere. but this time, he grabbed my hand.

once we get to his room, i do everything i can to not let go of his hand.