Chapter 1

You stood in front of your new house with your mom, who was holding a box of kitchen utensils.
"You go on ahead, sweet heart." She said smilingly.

We moved to Tokyo, because that's where my moms new job is. We used to live in Kyoto, that's where I was adopted. My biological parents died when I three, and I was sent to an orphanage.

I didn't hate it there it was just boring. My mom adopted me when I was seven, and my dad died when I was fifteen. I'm seventeen now, but I still miss him. He taught me a lot of things.

"Do you just want me to set them down, or do you want me to start unpacking too?" I asked my mom, and she shook her head.

"Just set them down. We'll start unpacking tomorrow!" She said from outside.

I put the boxes on the floor and started to walk around. I saw that there were four rooms, two bathrooms and each room had a pretty big closet. I went back out side to help my mom get boxes, when we were done we were exhausted. My mom didn't want to cook so she ordered takeout.

"Why don't you let fuku out of his kennel?" She asked. I went over to my cat he was a black, orange, and white with dark gold eyes that glared at the kennel door.

"Sorry Fuko, I didn't mean to leave you in there for so long." I said letting him out and giving him some food.

"Y/n. You'll start school next week, and your uniform will be here on Sunday." She said, drinking a bottle of water.

"Okay." I said Monotoned. I never cared much for school, not that I don't like learning I could make straight a's no problem. I just don't like kids my age or any age at that. the only person I'm able to talk to is my mom, dad, and my cat.

Last few years I've been bullied, or just totally ignored. I wasn't bullied physically but I was mentally bullied, I never really cared, but when I tried making friends I was the worst at it.

"Come on, I know you'll have fun this year! Sure, you're communicating sucks, but I'll help you." My mom said interrupting my thoughts.
"What? Will you hold my hand, while I go around the school." I said sarcastically. She sighed and patted my head, she knew what happened at my old schools and she tried to help me stand up for myself...physically.

"I'm going to bed. You should too." I said walking down the hall to my new room, Fuku following behind. I laid on the floor with a blanket and pillow. I would be getting a new bed tomorrow since my old one broke when trying to take it apart.

I stared at my ceiling and started to fall asleep, my eyelids got heavy and I fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning I went straight to unboxing. My mom had to leave unfortunately for a work thingy, so I was stuck unboxing by myself, which I don't mind at all. This would give me chance to think for a little bit.

Of course, by in think I mean. Listen to music and unbox stuff. After about two hours both the living room and kitchen where done and looked amazing, if I do say so myself.

"Next separate your boxes from mom's boxes." I said to myself inhaling deeply. I wiped off some sweat, and took a drink of water then went straight to work.

Three hours later I finished unboxing my stuff, and my moms. My mom never cared how her room was arranged as long as she could move, and see the floor. As if on time. I heard the door open.

"I'm home!" I heard my mom yell from the front door. I heard her admiring my good handy work.

"Hey mom? how was your work thingy?" I asked, giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"It was good! They love me already. Speaking of love...I love what you did with the place, your OCD comes in handy when decorating hmm?" She said, I laughed and nodded. It's true I hate things that are uneven, look odd, and aren't clean. That's why she makes me do the decorating.

"As a thank you. How would you like some (favorite food)?! You know I make it best!" She said, I nodded and smiled at her.
"The best in the world!" I said, hugging her. I knew she was having a hard time moving. We lived in our old house ever since she adopted me, we had wonderful memories there.

"Okay! All done!" She said, setting the (favorite food) on the table. I grabbed some, and she did as well. You felt like you were in heaven when you took your first bite.

"So goood!" I said closing my eyes, she giggled and put more in her mouth. After a while we finished our food and talked a little bit about how the week will go. I liked that she planned ahead and would even make a plan b if plan a didn't work out didn't workout .

"Oh yeah your new bed is in the car, help me get it please." She said standing up from the table. We got the bed to my room and put it together. I was finally able to put my pillows and blankets on the bed and off the floor.

"Not too big not too small, right?" She said, I nodded and fell on my bed with a sigh. she did the same, and we laid there staring at the ceiling.

"Your uniform will be done tomorrow, so make sure to pick it up okay? I'll be at work, and after work I'll pick up some groceries." She said, sitting up and patting my leg. I nodded and she walked out my room closing my door.

"Good night y/n." She said, and closed the door. You drifted off into an endless darkness of sleep.

( hello! I'm so happy you read my story! if you have any suggestions or questions, please comment and I'll try my best to respond. Thank you 🙏💕)