{29}

《AUGUST'S POV》

AFTER THE BIG news drop everyone decided that the meeting was over. Pierre and I also decided to take a stroll because he wanted to talk but it's been ten minutes of endless walking and words are yet to be spoken.

Maple looked so happy and Preston seemed more...peaceful. What he told her to make her agree must've been words of encouragement because she was completely fine with it.

I'm glad Preston's not being an asshole towards her anymore though. And to be honest I hope it stays that way. Maple's been through enough.

I felt Pierre's fingers slip between mine and I glance down. I gaze up at him and his attention is elsewhere.

He's nervous.

"I want to apologize." He finally says.

"For what?"

He shrugs. "My thoughts. I was accusing you in silence, kind of hurt to be honest, hearing that Preston slept with you, even if it was apart of his messed up plan."

"When I found out myself I wanted to cry. I thought I shared another moment with you under the love tree but...Preston won that round." I mutter.

He grins. "Yeah, he won that round."

"Did you expect him and Maple though?"

He whistled. "Not at all." The both of us laughed and I clung to his arm.

"I just hope he doesn't break her heart for another one of his mind games."

"Yeah, same here."

"Do you think the fights will stop between the two of you?" I ask.

"I hope so. We basically said what we wanted to say and dad had a heart to heart with him and expressed himself openly so, I don't think there's anything to argue about now or fight about."

"You're right. And what does this mean for us? We graduate in a few months and we'll be in college in a blink of an eye."

"Um...I'm not going to college."

"What why?" I never thought I'd hear him say those words. I always thought he wanted to.

"I mean I will but...not after school. Learning is as hard as it is already."

"I can help you you know. I wouldn't have a problem doing so. Don't you want to be a scientist?"

"I do."

"Then go for it, don't wait. I'll be here every step of the way. I want to walk across the stage together, share dorm rooms and go to prom."

"Which is after exams, would you like to be my date to prom?" He reminds me.

I smile. "I would love that." We continued our walk and finally came to a stop. I looked around, noticing that we stopped at the tree.

The same tree where it was supposed to be Pierre instead of Preston. Pierre stepped in front of me and held my waist. My heart got caught into my throat and I was sure I nearly choked on air.