Fake Confessions

Len's POV
----------------
     "Hey, Len?" Neru asked quietly while tapping my shoulder.

     "Yeah?" I asked after finally getting annoyed enough. My god. Can't I get one moment of peace with this girl?

     "How about we make Miku jealous?" Neru asked me.

     "And how are we going to do that exactly?" I asked nonchalantly. I'm probably going to regret this. Any idea that Neru has usually backfires on me. I learned that the first few months I was with her.

     "We're going to pretend to be a couple." She said in return.

     "Ehhhhhhhhh?!!! We're going to pretend to be a couple?!!" I "almost" shouted.

     "Hey, how about saying that more louder? I don't think the whole academy could hear you!!!" She yelled," Hmph. Besides is it really that bad? If so, then maybe I should just stop talking right here." She said with an agitated expression on her face.

     "No, it's just that wouldn't this effect your life, too? I mean, I know that you have a crush on Kaito." I said quickly with my hands in front of my face. Yeah, Neru apparently has a crush on Kaito. She always spies on him in corners, hallways, and etc. I mean, she hasn't completely admitted it though but I should know these things.

Neru's POV
------------------
     My god. That idiot. Me? Like Kaito? The heck is up with that accusation. I mean, sure I spy on him and Len's caught me doing it a lot but I don't spy on him because I like him. I despise that cheating, backstabbing fool. I've got enough evidence to suspect that Kaito's been cheating on Miku. The question is, with who?

     "Len, you idiot. Of course this won't effect my life and I most certainly do not have a crush on that fool." I said bitterly. I mean, it's not like my life is really all that good as it is right now. What do I have to lose? Then my expression turned softer and I smiled," Besides, I would be happy to help you with anything you need."

Miku's POV
------------------
     What are those two doing? The more I watch them, the more harder it gets to resist the impulse to slap Luka with her tuna.  Kaito and Luka are way too close. What is up with them, and is that a hand sliding up my boyfriend's arm I see? I send a glare at Luka to tell her to back off my man. She responded by smiling sweetly at me while subtly doing a hand gesture that would be considered rude anywhere. What's up with her? It's not like she doesn't already have a boyfriend!  

     Kaito has also been way too negative towards Meiko lately. Calling her names I can't seem to figure it out. I looked out the window of the academy's cafeteria. There, under the cherry tree, were Len and Neru as usual. I honestly don't know why but whenever I see them together, it makes my heart clench. Why? I'm just full of questions. Maybe it's because Len is like a little brother to me. Plus, I don't particularly like Neru either. Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike her. I just don't like her either.

     I glance over at Neru and Len again. Neru is putting her long yellow hair into her signature side ponytail. She's wearing exactly what every other girl in our school is wearing. The girl's school uniform. (The girl's school uniform is the black uniform in the picture.) Len is wearing the boy's school uniform. His hair is up in his signature ponytail. At that moment, Neru decided to look over at my direction. We caught gazes for a second before she looked away and continued to talk to Len. I unconsciously finger my own teal hair.

     Unlike my signature pigtails, today I'm wearing my hair in a French braid. It wasn't really my idea. Kaito told me to put my hair into something other than my childish pigtails. He said it was unfitting for an 18 year old girl like me. (I forgot to say that Miku is 18 in this story. Len, Neru, and bunch of other Vocaloids will be 17. Of course, the adults will be 19 or 20, depends on what I want to happen.) Kaito said that this hairstyle suits me. Makes me look more mature he said. I kind of agree.

     I look back at my blue haired, ice-cream loving boyfriend. To see my so-called best friend, orange loving Rin, flirting with him like his girlfriend isn't right in front of them. When the heck did Kaito get so popular with girls?!! Actually, never mind. He's always been popular with girls. Just like Len is. Although I'm certain that they were never so outright about it. Maybe it's because Kaito is older now. (Personally I think young Kaito is much more adorable.) Kaito, Luka, and Meiko aren't even supposed to be here.

     Since Kaito is 20, he's already graduated Vocaloid Academy and is officially one of the Vocaloids, a special kind of idol that you can't be without a sign. You're supposed to be born with it. The sign's usually a number or something like that. For example, I have my teal colored 01 on my shoulder. People like this usually go to Vocaloid Academy by the time they're old enough to talk. Of course, just because they become idols doesn't mean they'll always be as successful as the others. That doesn't mean they aren't popular. It just means that they're less well known. I know a couple of people like that. Maybe that's why they like Kaito so much more. I mean, Kaito is one of the most well-known Vocaloids as of now.

     Meiko, Luka, and Gakupo are also like Kaito. They're pretty famous as Vocaloids and they've all graduated by now. They even have their custom outfits now that they're actual Vocaloids. I still see them everyday though. I mean, we live with each other for heaven's sake.  Then again, all the Vocaloids live in one house. It's a super weird system. Even though we live in the same house, we never run into each other every 5 seconds. It's super confusing since there are probably hundreds of us. Does our house have magical abilities or something? Why am I just thinking about this now? Maybe because the creator can't think of anything to end this chapter on, huh? (Shut up. I'm trying.) Well try harde

_____________________________________________________________________________

     Honestly, Miku! Breaking the fourth wall like that! Now I have to get it repaired... At least my power as the creator stopped her from continuing. Anyways, it's been a long time since I've even touched any of my old fanfics.

      I decided to write a new chapter for this one because of a comment I saw in my email. So I just want to thank ulienne_02 and all the other people who have been telling (sometimes yelling at) me to write new chapters and giving me positive feedback.

      Honestly this isn't one of my most proud works but that's okay. I was honestly just trying to make it longer than I usually write to make up for those years I've been away. I'm not even sure when I started writing these stories. I was much less older than I am right now. I'm not sure if this chapter was good or not. I'd appreciate it if you give me criticisms and feedback. Constructive criticism by the way.