Chapter One

Waking up to the sun glaring through the window, I groan, rolling over as I try to fall back to sleep, but my mind becomes plagued with thoughts. The past few days have been somewhat of a blur. My sisters' doppelganger Kathrine showed up in Mystic Falls, creating havoc around town. The resemblance of them both is eerie and, quite frankly, creepy. Besides their personalities, that was the only thing to differ between the two. My thoughts menouver to when Kathrine turned Caroline into a vampire. Which in turn created a whole new problem. Stefan had to help her get through her transition without killing anybody. Then, finding out the Lockwood's were werewolves, which turned into some sort of a blood battle between Damon and Tyler's uncle. Well, not really a blood battle, Damon killed him.

I felt incredibly alone in all of this. I wasn't anything special or supernatural. I just so happened to be human and all tied up in the middle of it all. The night before, everybody tried to kill Kathrine at the masquerade ball. They had the plan set and everything. But of course, nothing went as planned. Snapping out of my thoughts by a knock at the door. Jeremy sticks his head in after a few seconds. I turn my head to him and hummed. "Have you seen Elena?" He asked, causing me to sit up and furrow my eyebrows at him. "Not since last night, I went to bed as soon as I got home, I was exhausted." I replied, smiling slightly at him as I stood up. "Why are you asking." He asked his little brother. He assumed Elena had come straight home after the masquerade. "She's not in her bedroom. She must have spent the night at Stefan's, but I just wanted to see if you knew." Jeremy shrugged, smiling slightly. I frowned a bit, shaking my head. She wouldn't have spent the night at Stefan's, I knew they weren't on the best of terms.

"Okay..." I trailed off trying to remember if I had seen Elena before leaving the masquerade ball. "What? Is something wrong?" Jeremy asks, his expression turning as he sees my confused look. I shook my head and lightly smiled at him to cover up my true thoughts. "Oh no, I was just thinking, you should probably get to school, wouldn't want to be late." I said as I walked up him and patted his shoulder. "Alright." He replied, giving me one last look before leaving. Once I heard the front door shut, I grabbed my phone to call Stefan. He answered pretty quickly, which kind of surprised me. "Zander?" Stefan asked, hearing the clear confusion in his voice. "Hey Stefan, um... " I trailed off biting my lip. "Did Elena stay with you last night?" I asked, hoping it was the answer I was looking for.

"Um.. no. We aren't really on the best of terms. Why? Is something wrong?" Stafen asked, knowing he was getting worried. I sighed softly, shaking my head. "She never came home last night. I'm thinking something is wrong, Stefan." I replied, starting to get worried for my little sister. "We'll figure it out. Why don't you just stay put and.. " He started, but I cut him off. "No, I want to help." I demanded. "Fine, I'll pick you up, and we will see if Damon knows anything." He said, hanging up immediately afterward. I smiled in victory and got out some clothes, changing fast and fixing my hair a bit as I waited for him to get here.

Hearing the car engine outside, I make my way down the stairs, saying goodbye to Jenna as I walk out the door and get into Stafan's car

Hearing the car engine outside, I make my way down the stairs, saying goodbye to Jenna as I walk out the door and get into Stafan's car. Stefan had called Damon, telling him to meet us at the school, that it was urgent. He was reluctant, but we knew he would come because it was Elena. He was so hopelessly in love with her that it made me want to puke. "Damon, this has Kathrine written all over it." Stafan stated as he got out of the car. Damon was standing in the parking lot with his arms crossed. "Kathrine's in the tomb." He replied, shaking his head and looking over at me. "What is he doing here?" He asked. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. He could really be arrogant at times, and it really pissed me off. "I wanted to help. Got a problem with that?" I said, walking up to them and standing next to Stefan. Damon raised his eyebrows at me and was about to say something until Stefan cut him off. "Did you shut her in, though?" Stefan asked, challenging his brother. "I know that hold Kathrine has on you."