Chapter Four

After the conversation Elena and I had with Elijah, I was feeling a little more assure that no one I lived was going to get hurt. I felt like I could trust Elijah, but that could be because of these mixed feelings I was getting from just the thought of him. He seemed noble, which is probably why I was so drawn to him. He had a way with words that sparked interest in my heart. Whatever it was that drew me to him, he really had reeled me in. Fining out after our conversation with Elijah that Rose had been bitten by a werewolf named Jules, who apparently knew Mason and Tyler. What I got from it the conversation with Damon was, that Jules meant to bite him and not Rose. Typical Damon always getting into trouble. Elena and I went to visit Rose, to see how she was holding up, she didn't seem to be doing well at all. Damon tried to find a cure, showing he cared for the girl more then he was letting on. There was no help, the only cure is death. Rose hadn't made it even if Damon somehow found a cure. Another surprise, Uncle John decided to pay a visit to Mystic Falls, he wouldn't tell us why he was actually here of course and it put everyone on edge. He always did come at the most inconvenient times, nobody was happy he was alive. He also decided to drop a big load on us, he is Elena's biological father. 

Elena decided to go to their family's lake house for the weekend with Stefan, I was kind of glad she was getting out of Mystic Falls for a while. This gave me the opportunity to talk to Damon and see what I could do to help take down Klaus. I know, I am not suppose to get involved, but i couldn't help it. He's after my baby sister, It is my duty to protect her weather she likes it or not. When going to Damon, he said no, but then I told him that I wanted the same thing as him, to keep Elena Safe. That's how I ended up with Damon at the Lockwood's for an event Mrs. Lockwood was hosting. When we arrived at the Lockwood's, we saw Jenna, who immediately came up to us. "Damon, Zander, what are you doing here?" Jenna asked, looking between the both of us with raised eyebrows. Before any of us could answer, we were interrupted by Andie, Damon's new girlfriend, who seemed a little to happy to see the vampire next to him. "Hi, you came." Andie said, grinning up at Damon, who smiled back at her. Barf. I resist rolling my eyes, knowing Andie is compelled. I find it absolutely disgusting that Damon compelled her to be with me.

Damon pulled Andie in for a kiss as I watch Jenna's eyes widen, looking at me for answers. I just shook my head in response. "Thanks for introducing us Jenna." Damon says, smiling at Jenna, who was still dumbfounded by what just happened. Damon spots Mrs. Lockwood, grabbing my arm attempting to pull me with him when I shook him off me with a scoff, rolling my eyes and following him. My eyes landing on Elijah, who was standing with Mrs. Lockwood, my heart skipped a beat as our eyes meet. I smile lightly at him, blushing as Elijah's gaze traveled my form before meeting my eyes again. I bit my lip, before realizing it and stopped. "Damon!" Mrs. Lockwood exclaimed, pulling Damon in for a hug and then turning to me. "And Zander, It's great to see you!." I smiled at her as she pulled me in for a hug, I glance over at Elijah briefly to see an amused smile on his face. I roll my eyes at him before pulling back and smiling down at the woman. "Elijah, this is Damon Salvatore and Zander Gilbert." Mrs. Lockwood says, smiling as she turned to the original. "Their families are two of Mystic Falls founding families." She continued, grinning in pride as she talked about our one pony town. "Such a pleasure to meet you." Damon said, smirking as he turned to face Elijah, who wasn't very happy to see him. "No, the pleasure is mine."  Elijah said, shaking Damon's hand with a firm grip. Oh the things those hands could do. I shake my head riding of those thoughts.