𝚒𝚟.

༻✦༺ ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

As soon as Leon wakes up, he notices he is somewhere different. He looks around for the individual who propped him against a barrel. Next, Hunnigan contacts him, and he puts his finger on his earpiece.

"Condor One to Roost. Do you read me? Condor One!? You've been radio silent for three hours. Are you alright?" Hunnigan asks worriedly.

"Yeah... I'm fine. Won't let it happen again," Leon answers, searching around the building, attempting to find any trace of his helper.

"And the church?" Hunnigan wonders.

"Still looking for whatever 'key' I need," Leon responds.

"Copy that. I'm glad you're okay. Roost out," Hunnigan speaks, disconnecting the transmission.

Finding no sight or clue as to who his helper was, Leon continues onward, hoping to find Ashley soon. Leon walks outside, noticing that night has fallen. He utilizes his flashlight to notice and examine items better, and to see where he's headed.

Heading down a path, Leon crouches under a wooden plank. Once he stands, he notices a moving shadow in front of him.

"What the...?" Leon questions in horror, seeing the person's shadow he hoped to be the person aiding him was controlled by the plaga, the parasite writing from the individual's head.

Leon shoots the parasite, instantly killing the once-human host. The plaga lets out a screech before it dies. Another Ganado rushes toward him, angry with a machete. Leon shoots him, then slices his neck with his combat knife, finishing the job.

"What the fuck..." Leon mutters, appalled at the fact the parasite emerges from the host's head.

"What is this place?" Leon questions, crouching through a tunnel.

"Some kind of shrine?" Leon asks, standing up from the cave, and examining the altar.

"Same mark from the church," Leon observes, noticing how the symbol changed to four arms and hands.

He walks to the right of the shrine and notices the map of the lake again.

"It's the lake," Leon mutters.

Outside of the cavern, Leon obtains the "old wayshrine key."

Then, he hops onto the boat, going toward another dock in a cavern. Leon traverses through the cavern, killing more Ganados with his gun.