1

A young teenage boy was standing at the rooftop of a house. His gaze never strayed from the figure of a long haired, handsome man in a blue robe across the street.

  "Brother, when are we going to approach him?"

  The teenager shifted his gaze. Standing behind him was one of his younger "brother".

  "Soon. For now, we still have a lot to prepare."

  His indifferent voice drifted through the air.  But his cold expression cracked slightly when he looked at the man's direction again.

  A warm, affectionate gaze briefly passed through his eyes before quickly disappearing.

  The young boy behind him shifted his gaze to the man his "brother" was looking at as well. He has a barely noticable smile on his lips.

  The two silently watched the man in the shadows. Their expression was a mixture of warmth and affection.

~

  East of the Jade Continent.

  In a city at the border of different Sect.

  "Boss! Have you heard the news?"

  A man silently shifted his attention away from the food he was cooking. Standing by the doorway of the kitchen was his friend slash employee.

  "No. And I'm not really interested. Xiaolu, I hope you are aware that you're late."

  The man, Xiaolu, awkwardly shifted his gaze away from his boss while scratching his head. He bowed his head before before quickly changing into his server uniform.

  Lei Shilian, his boss, was known throughout the city as a kind and gentle individual. But he was quite strict when it comes to his works and the employees of the restaurant.

  While Xiaolu was still changing his clothes hastily, Lei Shilian didn't bother with him anymore. He just continued cooking.

  He shook his head with a light sigh. Today was quite a busy day in his restaurant. But he can finally take a rest tomorrow.

  With that in mind, he continue with his work. Cooking, serving, and cleaning up the tables. And sometimes even chatting with some customers.

  But he can't help but overhear his customers' conversation about the news Xiaolu wanted to share. He wasn't interested, but that doesn't stop him from listening in to their conversation.

  "Are they really serious? Letting a 16 years old brat create his own Sect?"

  "Well that's what I heard. But hey, I also heard that this kid already reached Golden Core Realm."

  "Wait what? Really?"

  "Hard to believe right?"

  "Of course! But is that really true?"

  "Yeah, otherwise do you really think the other Sect will let him create his own?"

  "I thought he was just backed by the powerful Wang family! I never thought he was actually such a gifted cultivator!"

  Lei Shilian can't help but raise his brow at that. It was known that reaching Golden Core Realm after a century was already a great achievement.

  But that kid they were talking about reached it at the age of 16. He wondered how much effort and resources did that kid poured in on his cultivation.

  'It is none of my business.'

  He shrugged his shoulders before throwing what he heard at the back of his mind.