Roses are red. Violets are blue. If you were a flower, I'd pick you too

How long have you been stuck inside the biodome now? It feels like forever with how many times the monster puts you down for a nap. You want to slap it down as some sort of attachment or touch starvation by the way he is always holding or petting you; however, he always kills whatever or whoever he gets a hold of so even that isn't a solid deduction.

The times he isn't holding you, he lets you walk around the biodome, which is what you are doing now. He wouldn't let you go too far at first, always stopping you withing arms reach. Today, though, he lets you travel as far as the complete opposite side of the dome. You were hesitant to try and put such a distance between you two, worried that he was channeling some form of hunting instinct.

Instead, he gave you a gentle smile, as gentle looking as someone of his caliber could muster, and an encouraging push, forcing you to start your walk. You would have made a run for the door, but you've tried that time and time again, even when he sleeps you try. He catches you every single time and all it results in is nap time.

So here you sit, quite a bit away from the plant, back pressed against the dome wall, hunched into a ball. You know that in the end, you would have to return to the beast as you couldn't survive without the food he supplied, cause lord knows the head honcho upstairs isn't taking care of you.

Sure, they still feed the plant man, throwing in all kinds of animal carcasses, which he pulls underground to absorb nutrients, but feeding you is a no go for them. You're thankful they aren't cruel enough to send in anymore people to feed it for their research, yet they are just cruel enough to let you starve.

The creature, however, wouldn't let you go hungry though. That sweet smelling nectar that he produces? Yeah, he feeds you that. The first feeding that you can remember didn't start out so smooth.

It was the night of your first slumber party in the dome. The first time you had awoken after it had eaten Sasha. You woke up, lying in vine like hammock that was gently rocking you back and forth, the plant seemingly closed up for the night. You look down and notice you aren't far from the ground, so you silently slid off your 'bed' and started to tip toe back to the dome's door.

It was going so well; twenty more steps and you would have made it back to the safety of the lab. Your stomach had other plans for you though. It decided that now, even amidst your fear, was the perfect time to let you know that it had been a while since you'd given it any food.

It was loud, even for you, but you didn't think that that alone was loud enough to wake him up!

The moment you heard the dreadful noise of him blooming, you bolted for the door. He was faster, he is always faster. One moment your hand is grazing the door, the one thing to put a barrier between you and the carnivore, the next, you are bundled up and cradled in his arms, cooing to you in that same strange language.

You knew what was coming next, another sleep session, never mind you just waking up from one. However, while he was loving on you, your stomach made its noise again, seemingly startling your holder. He stared at you quizzically, tilting his head at the sound and lifting you closer to his face. Again, your stomach spoke, and his curious gaze shifts to one of amusement and understanding while letting out a noise of his own that resembled that of laughter.

He rubs your stomach with the tip of his finger for a moment before taking it away and dipping it in the nectar that surrounds him. He pulls his hand back, one claw full of the sweet-smelling stuff and places it before your face, wanting you to consume the liquid.

Of course, you didn't drink it!

You shoved at the hand making it spill the nectar all over you. You were expecting him to become angry with you for refusing him constantly and making a mess, instead you're met with, once again, an amused expression painted on his face.