5: The 2nd Prince

"What's the point of being a prince if I can't do princely things?!" Beomgyu grumbled then pouted as he threw himself down on his bed, sitting with his arms crossed around his chest.

Beomgyu is tired. He is tired of everyone rejecting his desires all the time. No one listens to him. No one understands him. No one seems to want him to be happy.

He gets ripped away from his intrusive thoughts by a few knocks on his bedroom door.

Beomgyu huffs then flounces his way to open the door. He doesn't want to see anyone right now with the gloomy mood he's in but unless it's...

"Huening Kai?" Beomgyu's tone was soft spoken.

Huening Kai greets him with a gentle smile.

"Hello my sweet prince." He bowed politely.

Huening Kai is a noble and Beomgyu's attendant who happens to also be a trained knight. His family is close to the royal family. However most importantly, Beomgyu and Huening Kai are childhood friends.

The main reason Huening Kai wanted to become a knight ever since he was kid was so he could protect his closest friend who happens to be the second prince of their kingdom. Whether Beomgyu is emotionally damaged or in unexpected danger, Huening Kai will always be there to save him. And fortunately, Beomgyu hasn't been in real danger that would cause Huening Kai to risk his life. However, he instantly would risk his life if Beomgyu was actually faced in any danger.

In times like this where Beomgyu would hide away in his room to distance himself after being hurt emotionally, he only trusts Huening Kai and Huening Kai would severely hate himself if he were to ever betray his trust.

With relief washing over him, Beomgyu willingly opens the door wider for Huening Kai and gestures his friend to come inside.

Beomgyu wonders how Huening Kai sensed something was wrong with him to suddenly visit him after what happened not too long ago. In fact, Soobin was the answer unknown to Beomgyu. After Soobin left Beomgyu alone in the royal office with guilt clouding his mind, he quickly went to go find Huening Kai knowingly Huening Kai would be Beomgyu's knight in shining armor in an instant.

Literally and figuratively.

Instead of armor, Huening Kai is wearing a white long sleeve formal shirt with black dress pants and suspenders.

And now here they are at this present moment.

Huening Kai came with gummy snacks to cheer up the pretty prince in distress because he knew it's Beomgyu's favorite.

All Beomgyu wants is something yet anything that could free him from this forsaken life of his. Though it is difficult for Beomgyu, at least he has Huening Kai who helps him endure the life he was given even if he wants to disappear from time to time.

-ˋˏ ༻𑁍༺ ˎˊ-

*Time Skip*

It's been a week since Taehyun and Yeonjun received the news of their acceptance for the royal matchmaking tournament. Today is the day they go to the castle to meet the other suitors who all had the same goal, to marry the Crown Prince and take over the throne.

Well, Taehyun is an exception. He had no such goal.

There was little time they had for them to prepare themselves and unlike Yeonjun, Taehyun was not looking forward for this day to come.

Yet today is the day and he was dreading for this day since the beginning.

The instructions on the back of the letters explained the date, time, and location to where all the chosen ones were directed to go to. As Taehyun and Yeonjun approach the castle gate, guards are spotted at the entrance. In order to pass, the letter received and identification are required as proof to be allowed to enter the castle grounds. Then after, another guard escorts them to one of the royal employees inside for further instruction.