13: Daydreaming

It's the day after the ball and Prince Beomgyu is in the garden painting a new masterpiece. The weather is pleasantly warm today. There is a light breeze that whispers through the trees and the sun shines brightly behind a thin layer of clouds. Beomgyu feels a sense of tranquility in the garden whenever the weather is balmy like this.

The youngest prince has a new muse and that is a charming gentleman named Kang Taehyun. The artwork he's currently creating presents a garden of an assortments of flowers. He uses pretty pink and green tints as he strokes his paint brush on the canvas. As he concentrates, he hums an unknown melody with a soft smile on his face.

Beomgyu is in a bliss.

Huening Kai keeps him company from a slight distance. He's on guard while he keeps a watchful eye on the prince. However, Beomgyu's blissful behavior doesn't go unnoticed by his best friend.

"What has got you all giddy my dear prince?" Huening Kai asked in a humorous manner. He's been observing him in amusement.

In an instant, Beomgyu stops his movements on the beautiful new masterpiece he has been working on for the past hour. The sudden disturbance that interrupted his enjoyment almost made him curse under his breath.

"N-Nothing! Can't a prince enjoy solitude in peace!" He complained then continues to paint.

Kai chuckles, "not at all when the prince himself is acting like he is in love. You have me curious."

Beomgyu stiffens as the paint brush in his delicate hand stills. He remains in this position unmoving.

"Ah so I must be right! You are indeed in love with someone aren't you? And my prediction tells me it has to do with a certain someone with pink hair," Kai wiggled his eyebrows then he moves closer to the prince.

Beomgyu turns his head, gazing at Kai with innocent eyes.

"in love?"

What is that feeling? Could it be perhaps the sudden euphoria Beomgyu has been feeling these recent days?

"Come sit with me, my prince," Kai kindly suggested.

Beomgyu nods, putting down his paint brush on the easel. Then he lets himself be led by Kai to a bench not far from where they were.

As they both sit down on the white iron bench, Kai asks formally, "Do you know how it feels to be in love, your highness?"

Beomgyu slowly shakes his head.

Kai begins to explain, "The moment you fall in love, it feels like the world takes on a new color. Everything around you seems brighter and more beautiful. While the fall can be scary, the feeling it invokes is life-changing."

Beomgyu listens in awe. Hearing Kai's explanation has him fantasizing about a certain pink haired male. He thinks about how his world has indeed became more radiant ever since Kang Taehyun appeared into his life.

Kai paused for a moment and gazes at the garden surrounding them, contemplating on what to say next. He wasn't concerned about Beomgyu's silence. He knew the young prince was listening. Then he continues, "Falling in love is like a slow walk into a beautiful garden. It takes your breath away."

It seems to be apparent that his best friend has been in love before so Beomgyu builds up the courage to ask, "Have you ever been in love, Huening Kai?"

Kai shifts his attention back towards him with an affectionate gaze, "I have once my prince."

"Who?"

Kai doesn't answer right away, staring at Beomgyu so fondly. Then he lifts his hand up to gently fix the young prince's hair that was slightly disheveled from the mild wind as he says, "maybe I'll tell you someday."