Tutoring Session - Guapoduo | ENG

(I have no experience with tutoring, nor do I know what a tutoring session is like, so if this is not accurate, I sincerely apologize

(I have no experience with tutoring, nor do I know what a tutoring session is like, so if this is not accurate, I sincerely apologize... I think I also kind of strayed from the prompt but it's okay because I'm the writer and I do what I want)

category: ermmmm I dunno you can see it as romantic or platonic!

The ring of a doorbell was heard throughout Cellbit's house. It seemed like his tutee had finally arrived. Cellbit walked to his front door and checked the peephole, making sure it wasn't someone else, which it wasn't. He opened the door, which revealed one of his closer friends, Roier. The only reason they ever met was because Cellbit was assigned as Roier's tutor, as they didn't have any classes together and they didn't exactly live near each other.

"Cellbo! I'm finally here, it took me forever to find your house man!"

"Roier, you've been to my house multiple times before, how did you get lost dude?"

"No me perdí wey, I just took a few shortcuts and maybe asked a few people for directions...but who cares," Roier said, "I'm ready for your super awesome tutoring lesson!"

"Mm, sure..." Cellbit said in a sarcastic tone, "come on, let's go sit."

Cellbit led Roier to his dining table, the two sitting down next to each other. Roier set his backpack down in front of him and took out his math books, placing them between him and Cellbit.

"So," Cellbit started, "do you need help with your geometry work again? Because last time I saw you, you seemed to be progressing fine on your own."

"That was last week! The geometry has gotten worse man, I'm suffering!"

"Stop exaggerating and let's get started," the two laughed and began the tutoring session.

***

"...and that's how you find X, which leads us to our answer, 129 degrees."

This was Cellbit's 3rd time explaining to Roier, very slowly, might he add, how to find the answer to one of the problems in Roier's math book. The information just won't stick to his head...

"Pero Cellbo, why are you multiplying those numbers?" Roier asked, pointing to the end of the expression. "I think I need you to explain the steps one more time, so I can really understand, you know?"

"Yeah, of course, but if I have to explain one more time after this I swear..."

***

The day was practically over and the sun was just beginning to set, with Roier having learned little to nothing so far. Was Cellbit bad at explaining his steps? He was a little confused since last week seemed to be going fine and Roier could do most of the worksheet on his own. Cellbit made a mental note to try and explain everything a little slower so the information could process, as maybe he was talking too fast. And then it hit him.

"Roier..."

"Yes, Cellbit?"

"You understood all of this worksheet, didn't you..."

"Mmmmm, maybe? Only a little bit, but your tutoring is really helping mano!"

"Please tell me you weren't acting dumb just to try and spend more time with me."

Roier dramatically gasped, his hand dramatically hitting his chest. "Why would you ever think that, Cellbo!"

"Guapito, you know I allow breaks during my sessions, right?"

Roier sat silent, his face reddening.

"We're basically already done with all the work, so we can end the tutoring session here," Cellbit closed all of Roier's books and casually put them back into his backpack, grinning cheekily. "and start our hang out session now."

"Gatinhoooo!" Roier quickly hugged Cellbit and stood up, running off to his bedroom.

"EI, STAY OUT OF MY ROOM GUAPITO!!" Cellbit shouted and ran after Roier, knowing that he was already touching all of his stuff.