Chapter 12-Beth-Wet and Messy

I hate the winter months, it's annoyingly unpredictable. This morning started out cold but dry, now, the heavy rain pounding against my windows is a contrast to the silent snow that fell few weeks ago. Spring is my favourite season as the days get longer, the weather gets warmer, flowers are pretty when they come into bloom, and the smell of freshly cut grass is the best.

The colour reminds me of Micah's eyes. I've never seen eyes like his. I close mine and his face flash behind my lids. I can't stop thinking about him, especially how he staked his claim as he was defending me from that maniac. When I do, I break out with the biggest grin.

He's growing on me. Since the diner, we've been talking more, and I've been keeping my word. It's my turn to call him today, so I dial his number and hold my breath as it rings.

When he answers, it explodes out of my chest as he says, "morning beautiful," he sounds sexy as hell.

He never addressed me like that before and it makes my belly churns. I can't stop the smile from sounding in my voice as I say, "how is your morning going?"

"Great so far."

"Why?" I question thinking of the weather.

"I spoke with my parents this morning. They travel a lot, so I always feel good when I hear from them because I hardly get to see them."

This is first time he's bringing his parents up and for some reason, it feels like I've cross over one of his unseen barriers. I'm happy that he's sharing them with me.

"How are they?" I ask with more interest than I should.

"They're doing great. They're busy in the Caribbeans with their charity work and should be back in a week or so. I'm looking forwards to seeing them."

"I'm glad you got to speak with them."

"Thanks for asking. How about you? How is your morning going?"

"Up until few minutes ago Micah, it been crap."

"That's not good. Can I do anything to help? What's up?"

I huff, "it's crap because it's raining. I hate the rain."

"It's rain Beth, why do you hate it?"

Our conversations normally start out like this. Random chats that lead to further topics, and it could carry on for most of the day if we allow it.

"Because it's wet and messy. Do you like the rain?"

That makes him laugh. Off a chuckle he says, "yeah, I do."

"Why?"

"Because it's wet... and messy, Beth."

The undertone in his reply makes my mind stray to dirty places. Places where his body covers mine, and he's thrusting hard in me. My nipples get tight from the image, and I bite my lips to stop the moan rushing out.

"What's that sound?" He asks keen.

Sighing I say, "you don't want know."

"Oh, yeah? Try me. You never know Beth; I may surprise you."

"No Micah, I may surprise-"

"Go ahead then...Surprise me."

I can't figure out if he's flirting or if it's just his natural charm. He seems off his guard today and I can't put my finger on what's different with him.

"What kind of mood are you in..." I ask stalling.

I need time to think of something because if his guards are down, I want to see how far down he put them. I'm going to test to see if whatever is happening with me is also happening to him.