Chapter 4: Cora Clover?

The next day, Earl came in to work the day shift again because he had gotten a call from Frank that the owner wanted to have a word with him. He was afraid that he had gotten in trouble but Frank said that he wasn't in any trouble at all which was a relief. He walked through the entrance doors and saw children run past him, screaming and laughing, and running across the floor, and the jingles and blips of arcade games sounded discordantly from around the room.

There were play structures, something like a jungle gym or playground on his left, and there was a large ball pit on his right, two small girls were throwing the bright colored balls at another girl, she shouted something he couldn't make out or understand.

He walked over to Franks office and knocked on the door. "Come in." He turned the knob and opened the door to see not Frank, but a different man sitting in the chair. The man seemed a little older than Earl, he wore a dark purple suit with a black tie and pants, his blue eyes looked dull and he seemed tired or annoyed about something, his light brown hair was tied into a ponytail. Earl opened his mouth to speak when he heard the man's voice. "You know it's rude to stare at people when they're not looking at you. Have a seat." The man said and it made Earl jump a little as he didn't realize he was staring at him, he had a British accent when he spoke.

Earl closed the door behind him and walked over to the chair and sat down across from the guy in the desk, he hoped that this guy was going to have some answers about the animatronic. Earl knew who this guy was, William Afton. He was the owner of the previous restaurant, Fredbears Family Diner with his partner, Henry Emily. "I'm guessing Frank told you why you had to see me." Earl said, sounding slightly nervous as William nodded in agreement.

"Yes, he informed me about your shift. I assume you have questions about the animatronic?" William asked. His eyes seemed to say something but Earl couldn't tell if  he knew what happened during his first night shift, "Yes. I do...I-" Earl felt nervous about what to say. What could he tell William what he already knows from Frank? "How does the animatronic work? Like, with its movements." He asked. William looked at Earl with confusion, but got the message quick. He sighed and began.

"Her movements are similar to how Ballora moves, but she functions differently than her." William explains and continues. "She can stand in to supervise the children when the parents are not around to watch them." He added. "Wow. I never knew you could design an animatronic to do that." Earl said in surprise as William nodded in agreement, they were talking for a little bit about other things and then Earl had a question in his mind that he had been holding onto for a while. "What's her name?" He asked, William seemed surprised at the question as if Earl hadn't known what the name was. "Cora. Cora Clover." William answered with a monotone voice. Cora Clover?

"That's her name? I thought it was something else." Earl said with a raised brow. "Yes. She's an extra in case Ballora malfunctions unexpectedly during business hours." William explained as Earl nodded to his response, he was glad that he got more information about the animatronic and how it works. Earl started to get up to leave and said goodbye to William as he left the office, the place was still running so Earl decided to walk around the place, kids were playing on the play structures and others we're just sitting down and talking amongst themselves.

Earl wondered if the animatronic was around or something, he continued to walk around when he saw a room with party tables and balloons of different colors and a stage for an animatronic to perform on. Pink and white wallpaper covered the walls of the room and a bunch of confetti covered the tables, the stage had a bright pink curtain with white stars all over it.

Earl walked up to the stage to see what was behind the curtain, he opened it up and he was shocked at what he saw, a white bunny ballerina stood on the stage with its eyes closed just like Ballora but with whiskers and rosy cheeks.

Her hair was white that slowly faded into pink and back to white at the tips, she had pink eyeshadow over her eyelids instead of blue eyeshadow, she wore a white top hat with a pink strip around the middle with pink beads that flowed along her hair. A pink earpiece was attached to her ear so she could increase or decrease the volume of her voice when around children,she wore a white and pink blouse with a light pink bow tie on her neck.

She also wore a red skirt with gold embroidery around it along with white tights,white knee pads,and pink ballet shoes. Earl was surprised to see this kind of animatronic,he didn't think the company had the budget to build it let alone have special mechanisms for her. Earl closed the curtains and began to walk out of the room to continue with other things around the pizzeria,basically to keep an eye on things,while the pizzeria was still open.

12am: (Earl had already gone home)
After the pizzeria closed,the restaurant was empty and the animatronics were powered down after a long day of performing for the day. A certain animatronic started to power on,her eyes didn't open but she started to get off her stage,she danced over to a room that was unfamiliar to her.

The door was slightly cracked open,but she was able to get inside and she saw a small stage in the middle of the room. She was curious about what was behind the curtain so she went up to the stage and opened the curtain a bit,she opened one of her eyes and saw an animatronic she had never seen before. 'Who is this? How did she get here?' She thought to herself before she heard walking coming towards the room she was in,one of her friends saw her in the room.

"Ballora? What are you doing?" She recognized the voice of Baby as she turned to face her,"Oh,nothing. I was just curious as to what was in here." Ballora said, she turned back over to the animatronic on the stage and Baby walked over to see it for herself. Baby was a bit confused about this new animatronic in the pizzeria,but from what she heard it was a backup in case Ballora malfunctions.

They both continued to look at the animatronic before it started to power on,one of its eyes opened and looked at the two animatronics that were in front of it. It tilted its head slightly to the side,they showed confusion on their face. "Who are you two? I don't think I've seen you before." She asked them,she had an Australian accent when she spoke.

Ballora and Baby looked at each other and back at her,she was waiting for an answer until Ballora started to speak. "My name is Ballora,and this is Circus Baby or Baby for short. What's your name dear?" Ballora said as Baby did a small wave. "Nice to meet you,my name is Cora. Cora Clover." Cora replied and did a little bow.

"Would you like us to show you around? You can also meet the others." Baby asked as Cora nodded. "I would love to. I'd be nice to be familiar with the place." Cora stepped off her stage as Baby and Ballora gave her a tour of the place,they showed her all the rooms where they performed in and met Funtime Foxy and Funtime Freddy. Cora loved having new friends,she was very fond of them and hoped to learn more about them.

After getting adjusted to the place,Cora went back to her stage. She was glad to have new friends,but she also wondered if they were built at the same time she was. Cora powered down after getting on her stage and did her usual pose,the curtains were closed and she anticipated for what tomorrow will bring.

End
A/N: Hi guys! Hope you're enjoying this story so far! I am still working on my other two books so look I will do my best to finish them! Have a good weekend and see you in the next chapter! Bye! 👋

-May