Chapter 1: New Year, New Competition

Dream was in the kitchen, cleaning up after yesterday's events. His birthday was yesterday and Techno, his singing partner and roommate, threw a small party for him, but they left a bit of a mess after falling asleep at around 2 o'clock in the morning.

Techno walked out the hallway, entering the kitchen while rubbing his red eyes and fixing his hair at the same time, "Sorry Dream for making you clean everything up," He greeted, "Oh, and morning." He shortly added.

Drema chuckled. "Morning Techno, and don't worry about it, you spent a lot of time to set up to party for me, and I'm grateful for that; it was really fun." 

Techno smiled, "Alright." He then remembered something. "Oh, and Dream, have you heard of the new band that's joining the competition?" 

"Really? From who, and who's the new group?" Dream asked. "Oh, and what do you want for breakfast?" 

"Potatoes," Techno plainly replied with a smile.

"Again?!" Dream sighed, "Fine, I'll make something with that then." He said as he went to the fridge to get out a couple of potatoes.

"Sorry Dream, potatoes are good in the morning." Techno apologized.

"You're fine Techno." Dream chuckled. "But anyways, who's this new group you were talking about? I'm actually really curious." 

"Oh, yeah, almost forgot about that." Techno took out his phone and pulled up an image of the band. They had a slight "casino feeling" to them, thanks to their outfits and each of their stages.

"They look like an interesting band; What's their name?" Dream asked as he peeled and grated the potatoes.

"Las Nevadas, they basically make music like Phil, Wilbur, and Tommy." Techno said. "But they seem to be a bit newer, their band was created just last year..." 

"Can you call Phil, Wilbur, and Tommy's band 'SMPE' now?" Dream sighed, giving Techno a slight playful smile.

"Nope." Techno smiled.

Dream sighed once again, but he shortly laughed. "Alright then. but do you have any info about Las Nevadas, minus their debut date?" 

"The Leader's name is Quackity, and the other two." Techno pointed at the other two on the side of Quackity. "The one with the saxophone is Noah, or Foolish, and the one with the keyboard-guitar thing is Charlie, or Slimecicle." 

"Interesting." Dream said, he then balled up the grated potatoes, put it on a pan, and pressed it down to let it cook.

"Agreed, and their music, I forgot to mention is like, as well-Oh, they had a collab with Derivakat." 

"Damn, before us?" Dream asked.

"What do you think the answer to that, Dream?" Techno smiled. Techno seemed to love being sassy in the morning.

Dream rolled his eyes and gave Techno his Potatoe pancakes. "Eat your breakfast, then we'll argue." 

Techno rolled his eyes playfully as he took the plate. "Thank you though." 

"Not a problem." Dream smiled as he got an apple and took a bite out of it.

...

Scrambling to get his guitar, Dream knew that they would be late to the opening of the competition of "Battle of the Bands." It's a multi-month (two months) event, with each day, each band competiting gets to meet each other, the judges, and plan all their songs their under the guidance of all the judges. 

Dream and Techno had only won once in the main competition, where the bands have a singing competition, but they only won because the opposing team rigged the votes, and they got caught, so Dream and Techno won.