Chapter 2 - A Welcome To Remember

Alma

The dorm was exploding with energy. Pulling out the fanciest outfit she had brought, Alma patted it down slightly, doing little against the wrinkles that marred the fabric. She ducked into the bathroom attached to her and Dawn's room. She quickly stripped and tugged herself into the jumpsuit. While still wrinkled, it hugged her curves well. Well enough she hoped to make it past Clementine's inspection. Well-dressed or not, she couldn't miss this chance to check up on Vale.

She had been sent from their home planet as his personal guard in the realm of Magix. But so far all he had down was ignore her messages and never text her back. At first, she had sighed and shrugged it off as the heir's excitement to be in a new place. But it had been almost a full day since their last communication, and her protective instincts were in overdrive.

The jumpsuit was a sage green. The halter top crisscrossed over her chest, and the cutout left the underside of it slightly exposed. The jumpsuit hugged her waist and hips, but flare down her legs, leaving extra fabric to flow around her as she moved.

When she emerged, Dawn had seemingly found an outfit to wear. The short girl emerged triumphant with her selection, stepping victoriously over the large pile of discarded choices around her feet. Alma hoped the girl had some plan to clean up the massacred closet currently piled up on the floor.

While Dawn changed in the bathroom, Alma slipped on her jewelry. She was a great fan of bangles made with Destunian gold. The strength of the metal made it able to hold up in a fight if one broke out, and its peculiar shine meant the bangles kept their luster without much effort on her part. Fastening her earrings, Alma turned as the bathroom door opened once again.

"Come on! Let's do our makeup!" Dawn beckoned, her dress only halfway on. Alma grabbed her small bag of supplies, not wanting to keep the overly eager fairy waiting much longer. To a point, she was worried the small girl might explode.

Dawn fixed her dress, tucking and fluffing all that needed it. The bathroom was average-sized, but having two people in it made sure that Alma felt a tad claustrophobic. It was outfitted with a shower, toilet, and thankfully a vanity counter with two sinks.

The two each took a side in front of the mirror. Alma placed their collection of cosmetics on the counter, glancing at Dawn in the mirror. Compared to the absolute army of makeup Dawn was unloading on the counter, Alma's collection looked downright meager.

The two went to work in the bathroom mirror. Alma ended up with a minimalistic look, covering up a few blemishes, and adding slight accentuations of her features. It was the same look she did anytime she wore makeup, no matter the occasion. Dawn ended up looking bright, refreshed, and just as sparkling as her vibrant personality with a healthy amount of glitter spread throughout her look.

When the two emerged from their room all done up, they found the common area empty. A glance out the window told Alma much time had passed, the sky considerably darker than it had been when they started this process.

She walked over to the balcony doors, peering out the built-in glass to the courtyard below. Any orientation or sign-in infrastructure was gone, replaced with an entirely different look.

Thin poles held strings of gentle, glowing lights. Tables and chairs had been set up all over the courtyard. Long buffet tables lined one side, sporting piles of luxurious-looking food. Even from within the doors, Alma could hear the fait echoings of music being played from magical speakers. A large open space had been left on the pavement, presumably to support an area to dance.

Alma continued to scope out the area, marking the exits and possible hiding spaces littering the courtyard. The opposite door swung open, revealing her two other roommates.