In Every Other Universe...

"Okay people, let's try this one more time! My name is Miguel O'Hara and I've been the one and only Spiderman. Well.. until there were more of us."

I've discovered thousands of spider-men? No. Spider-people, yeah that sounds better. It wasn't until recently that I've come across a few anomalies from earth-65. I went there with the help of Jessica Drew. We came out of the portal to find this white-masked spider, we see her fighting this odd bird-like creature whose this sandy color. Jess and I help out and the masked spider introduces herself as Gwen.

Just then the cops show up, I can see the worry and shock in her eyes. I turn to Jess and we both turn back focusing our attention on Gwen. She jumps down and sneaks across the floor just to be caught by the chief.

"HANDS UP SPIDER-WOMAN!" He yells at her. She turns and I can sense her starting to breathe harder.

"You're under arrest for the murder of Peter Parker." He says to her. Gwen's eyes are looking for a place to focus on, but she can't find anything other than him.

"I-I-I swear I didn't murder him!" Gwen is defending herself. The chief aims his pistol and she is continuing to convince him of her innocence. "You have to understand officer!" His face looks at her with no emotion. He fires a warning shot in the air of the museum to silence her from talking. Gwens' hands slowly rise too above her face.

"Turn around." He told her. She didn't listen, he aimed the gun again. Gwen makes the last-minute decision to peel off her mask.

"Gwen!?" The officer lowers his pistol.

"Look Dad I'm sorry okay? But you have to understand that I would NEVER kill my best friend. And if you still think that I did, then fine. Arrest me. Go ahead." She held out her wrists in front of her.

"How long. How long have you been lying to me, Gwendolyn?" Her father looks at her with sadness panging on his face. I can see it myself, I'm sure Jess can too. Gwen looks down at her feet and murmurs something around a year. Her dad sighs. "Gwen, you are under arrest."

"WHAT. DAD, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!" Gwen yells, tears starting to form in her eyelids. That's when Jess and I both agree nodding together. We swing down and Jess goes to comfort Gwen as I place her dad in my own red web capture pod. Jess says something to Gwen and I begin to type in the earth to the Spider Society, the portal appears. Jess guides Gwen in after I walk through. I see Gwen take one last look back as she walks through the portal.

That was a few months ago, now my only job is for me to watch over her. In a way, I kinda feel like a big brother watching over his little sister, making sure she is safe and doing what needs to be done. But now I need to be extra cautious with her and from where she is going with her gizmo, I'm not sure how long I will be able to hide Earth-8 forever.

---------------

"Yeah Jess, she's been teaching me the ropes and my friend Hobie plays guitar very well, he lets me crash over in his universe every now and then," Gwen says to Miles as they swing through the city. Ever since Miguel gave Gwen a gizmo, she's been hanging with Miles very often and playing her drums while Hobie is on his guitar.

"I didn't know you play the drums. How come you never told me?" Miles asked as they both perch on top of a taller building.

Gwen turned her head away from Miles. "I didn't want to get embarrassed, you have your graffiti and art and I don't really fit into that category." She took a breath unaware that she was even holding her breath.

"That's stupid, just because you and I don't have all the things in common doesn't mean that I will like you any differently Gwen." Miles smiled as he finished his sentence. Gwen looked down at her feet, a smile creeping up on her face she was trying to hide it.

"Oh, and also don't hide your smile, it doesn't suit the whole Gwanda personality" He laughed out to her.

'Come on you have got to pull it together Stacy, jeez. He's just trying to cheer you up, nothing weird.' She mentally pounded her head.

"Hey, thanks for the talk Spider-boy but I have got to get going." Gwen told Miles as she masked up and threw a salute to him, turning around she activated the portal.

"Alright, wanna go swinging on Thursday? I don't have any classes on Friday" Miles asked her before she could set foot in the portal.

"Sure works with me, bye Miles!" Gwen waved to him.

"WAIT" She rolled her eyes and turned around to Miles once more.

"Say hello to Hobie for me yeah?" Miles asked as he slid his mask on over his head. Gwen nodded and gave a thumbs up to him as she walked backwards into the portal. Gwen stepped foot out of the portal and found herself in the lobby of the Spider-Society compound. She turned as she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"yo yo, what up my rockin' buddy?" Gwen turned to see Hobie and waved at him before starting to walk in his direction.

"Hey, Hobie! How are you?" Gwen asked her friend as they walked down the corridor toward one of the main areas of the Society.

"Not too shabby.." He replied, "Hey I was rummaging through some of Miguel's boxes just for some parts and may or may not have found a confidential document he left out" Gwen stopped.

"You what!? Hobie isn't he going to find out?" Gwen pulled him aside from the main hall.

"I mean f' it was in the junk why would he need it?" Hobie shrugged and continued walking. Gwen followed behind a little slower as she was contemplating what to say next.

"OH, Hobie, Miles wanted to say hello" Hobie turned around and faced Gwen, "When ar' you gunna realize?" Hobie smirked and chuckled to himself as he left Gwen to follow close behind once again. She was deep in thought, confused by what he meant. She shrugged as she couldn't come up with a good reason yet.

---------------

First Part is done! More to come but I'm going to bed :)

P.S In my story I'm making Miguel a better person he's not as mean or grumpy and Gwen's dad is a little different but ill let the story build from that later. Also still deciding if I'm gonna add major villains yet this is mainly just food for thought lol