Reminiscing Decisions

"Oi, Mijo! you done staring into space?" Rio finally got her son to pay attention. Jeff rolled his eyes as he took another bite of his food and sipped on some coffee.

Lately, Rio had been noticing her son become distracted and seem off, becoming less focused than his usual self. Jeff and Rio both are concerned for Miles and rightfully so, he is their son and their pride and joy. Just like any other mother or father, you worry about your kids, it's just nature.

Rio looked at her husband to witch he responds with a nod, and Rio turns her focus to her son.

"Miles. Listen, I don't know what is happening or was has happened but please, you can talk to us. We know something is up, and don't even try to hide it anyway, we were 15 once. So just let this be an opportunity to tell us something or just let us know what going on in there" She finishes her sentence pointing her finger to Miles's forehead.

Miles looked up and his parents from his food on his plate. He took a shaky breath before taking a moment to think about his choices. He really wanted to secure his identity as Spider-man but he also wanted to show honesty to his parents. He was tired of lying and staying late from school and family events. He knew that there was a chance that his parents should not see him the way he thought they did originally.

He took a breath again, looking at his fathers eyes and then to his mothers. "Okay. I will tell you everything, BUT you have to promise not only to me, but to yourselves that you will not freak out or tell anyone. Okay?"

Jeff and Rio looked skeptically at Miles but agreed reluctantly.

"So about a year ago, something happened and I got caught in some crazy uncontrollable thing without even knowing anything. I was bitten by a spider that had given me it's abilities. Peter Parker was just doing his job of stopping Kingpin and I got caught in the crossfire, he got murdered by Kingpin and then Kingpin was after me. It was all over some hard drive that was linked to his portal, he was trying to bring back his family that passed away from a car crash." Miles took a breath and analyzed his parents expressions.

Rio looked invested into the story and Jeff was very interested in the details Miles was telling them. "Because his portal was not complete, when he used it to bring back his family, it went through some glitches that brought people from different universes. Soooo that's how Gwen got here." He nervously explained.

Rio looked dumbfounded by Miles's words and words. Jeff on the other hand looked lost. "Wait Mijo, you're telling me that you are Spider-man?" She finally put the prices together. Miles nodded and stood up from his seat at the kitchen table. He jumped up and stuck his hand to the ceiling.

"So that why Gwen was up in your room? She was there for Spider related issues? Not the other thing?" Jeff added on to which Miles responded with a reddish hue upon his face, "Yes. She came to visit me and tell me about what happened between her dad and how she ended up with the Spider Society with Miguel and Jessica who took her in. She had a ruff patch with her dad and she ended up having to revel herself as Spider-Woman. Her dad was the chief of Police and after she told him the truth has still water to arrest her so she went trough a portal with Miguel and Jess who are like," Miles took a breath from speaking, "helping her with training and stuff."

"Wow. Sheesh, I hope she's better. I knew I got weird vibes from her but now that you say that it makes sense Miles, she's just the best person for you to be around because you two are alike. It makes sense. And don't tell me that's not what you think because I know Mijo." Rio teased Miles who in turn looked down to his feet, attempting to hide his face.

"Mami stopppp it, I'm getting there on my own I don't need you to be in the way" he rolled his eyes and chuckled

Jeff perked up, "So all these times that I've been talking to Spider-man, it's been you? You helping me with crimes and you helping me with my problems?"

Miles nodded, "yeah, I changed my tone when I was talking with you so you wouldn't recognize my voice. I do have to say pops, I enjoy working with you" he smiled to his dad.

"But Miles, it's dangerous work and and don't like to see you in pain and getting hurt. How I'm I supposed to go about my day without worrying even more than I already do? And how does this get in the way of school?" Rio asked him sincerely.

"If I get hurt I go to Aunt May's, she always helps us all with wit injuries and things like that. And yes it does conflict with school sometimes but I focus of my classes and if there is something out there I go after schools out or early in the morning and show up late. And plus Dad's got it covered for me while I'm in school learning about matter and kinesthetic energy with the possibil- i mean real science behind other universes."

Rio and Jeff looked like they were talking though their heads with the expressions they were making with their faces. It was about 7 minutes before Rio spoke again.

"Okay, we understand that you're not like other 15 year olds and that you have a duty to fulfill, but please makes sure that you tell us when your leaving out and when you get back, make sure that if you leave to go be with whoever, Gwen or Ganke or any other Spider person, that we know your with them. Send a text or leave a note anything, and lastly please be safe and if you are hurt, let us know so we can visit you and or take you to the hospital if needed." Rio finished her speech to Miles.

He nodded and stood up to give her hug. He could feel the warmth of tears starting to fall from his eyes down his face. He was happy they understood and felt as if a whole weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"Also, Gwen is welcome here anytime as long as she doesn't call us by our first names" Rio told Miles who reddened.
He could feel his father get up and walkover to join in on the affair.

"Thank you both for being so supportive and loving and understanding for me. I promise to follow the rules you set and I will let you know if anything happens. But one thing, I wasn't even done with the story" Miles laughed as he wiped his eyes with his hands, clearing the salty tears.

——————

So I know I said I was on a trip, buuuuuut I'm so bored in the hotel room that I decided to write this chapter :)

P.s, The events of Across the Spider Verse aren't gonna be talked about much because in my mind it's already happened and they fixed it up pretty quickly bc of Miguel's personality change in my story. Lmk if you have any questions abt that but anyways see you in the next chapter :D