──────── aelcia

aelcia [ ale-she-ah ] is a high fantasy alternative world that is primarily set in the medieva era with references to other fairytales / stories for different regions . humans are not the dominant species in aelcia and there are plenty other species that take the limelight in aelcia . welcome to aelcia , the land of the free .

──────────────────────────────────────

KINGDOM OF DORADO

ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ,, the kingdom takes reference from western literatures of the medieval era as well as dnd terms

ɢᴇᴏɢʀᴀᴘʜʏ ,, it is the second largest continent after the chen dynasty and for that reason has many different smaller towns and cities under it . most of the continent experience warm weathers for most of the year .

ɢᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴍᴇɴᴛ ,, there is a royal family who lives in the capital and makes important decisions but there are also smaller lords and dukes of towns that help with the spread of information to the royals . both the king and queen rule equally and it is expected that one of their children will eventually succeed so the royal bloodline will be passed on . while some cases of royal succession have gone bloody due to revolts , for the most part , it is usually given to the oldest child , usually the son , without any violence . there have been cases of the king having a concubine but it is generally uncommon since monogamy is what is the most common in the kingdom . as the kingdom was founded by elves , the royal family has always comprised of elves .

ɢᴜɪʟᴅꜱ ,, are commonplace in the kingdom and can even be compared to the chen dynasty's sects . they serve as occupations and livelihoods for individuals within the guild . there are many guilds that exist such as magick guilds , information guilds , mercenary guilds etc that all serve various purposes in return for money . individuals also join guilds in order to find the comfort of a family and friends .

ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ ,, given the size there are so many languages that exist . different species speak different languages and people in towns far apart from each other also speak different languages . the common language is the elvish language and almost everyone knows it . to those who do not speak it , it sounds rather nasally and maybe even romantic .

ʀᴇʟɪɢɪᴏɴ ,, given the large size , the individuals tend to pray to different gods however the general consensus is that there are five main gods . the god of time , the god of war , the goddess of love , the goddess of fate and the herald of fortune . there are temples set up for the various gods with the most temples set up for the herald of fortune , god of war and goddess of love since they have the most followers .

ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴋ ,, indiviuals are born with certain abilities and are able to improve on it the more they practise it . not every indivual is born with the ability to use magick and such skills are more prominent in certain species like humans and elves . magick is innate and while they can train it to strengthen it and read up to learn more about magick , if one does not have the abilities for it then they cannot use magick .