Chapter Two: No Good

"Fleur Riley, Jake Riles, Rakita Hammond and Trent Long! Inside now!" Our PE teacher Mr Normund appears out of nowhere, like magic.

He looks pretty peeved at what is happening.

There is water and plastic everywhere. I'm drenched. Jake is drenched. Rikki's hair is soaked. Trent looks like he jumped into a pool.

On one side of the seating area on the oval are the boys, with myself and Rikki on the other side. In the middle of us are the remains of a water fight.

So yes, the itching powder had worked. Yes, Jett did steal Jake's clothes. Trent saw him run off with them and told Jake.

Naturally and correctly Jake assumed it was me. He grabbed my water bottle, which I was holding and squeezed it, ruining my make up and hair.

Of course I turn around, stole both Lois' and Nicola's and used them as weapons on him. Soon enough everyone was handing their bottles to either one of us as ammo. Trent and Rikki got involved and it turned far too sour.

Normund drags us into the gym.

"Riles. Riley. Who started it?"

"Him!"

"Her!"

We end up shouting at the the same time. My head snaps towards him and he does the same.

"No, it was you!" We shout together. Ugh! So irritating.

Normund shakes his head. He jogs over to the doors and opens them up. "Kate, you're timing. Paris, you're recording. Start your practise for the cross country now," He commands the class, before turning back to us.

"You four are coming with me to the Deputy," he says, beckoning us over. Yes, because we are not standing here shivering our eyebrows off or anything mate.

Miss Kinna is less that pleased, yet not at all shocked by the fight. Rikki and Trent are sent off to the reflection room. Jake and I, being the main offenders still sit in her office.

"You know, I still remember when your family came to Bremin, Fleur," she says sentimentally. I sigh and lean back into the city, glancing at Jake who is staring out the window.

"It was Jake here who showed you around. You two were inseparable."

"Until she turned into a cow," Jake interrupts.

I ignore him and Miss Kinna yelling, because something occurs to me. My hand flies to the leather choker around my neck. My fingers fumble to remove it.

When I take it off and pull it into view, I am frozen.

"Your parents might be here now," Kinna says, getting up and walking out.

As soon as she is gone, I raise my legs and spin on the seat, swivelling around and booting Jake it the shoulder.