New Kid In The House- Matheesha Pathirana

As he entered the hotel, a thousand things were running through his mind. How will he fit in a completely alien environment? He was just 19, how will he spend 2 months with people who were a lot elder than him? The team manager guided him in and showed him his room. "There is a team coordination session in the evening, 7 AM in the team room. Just be ready. For now, take rest, make yourself comfortable. If you need anything,give me a call" The manager told him as he handed him his room keys and left.

He looked at the time, it was 4 PM, he thought to sleep for sometime. He set the alarms for 6 pm, 6:20 pm, 6:25 pm, 6:30 pm and lied down to sleep. He woke up on the last alarm, hurriedly got ready and rushed out of the room to reach the team room. Only after rushing out of the room he realised he didn't know where the team room was. He was cluelessly wandering in the corridodors to look for the team room when he collided with a hard chest. He was about to fall when the man held him, he nervously muttered sorry and walked away without even looking at the man.

"Hey" He looked startled as the man called him "Matheesha pathirana, right? "

Matheesha turned back and visibly gulped, that was captain himself, MS, MS Dhoni. Matheesha mumbled a nervous hello. MS forwarded his hand for a handshake, Matheesha came forward and shook hands with a faint smile.

"Where are you going? " MS asked.

"Umm nowhere, I, I was, just" Matheehsa tried to form words but struggled. There were two things, 1. His english was poor. 2. He was nervous as hell.

"Are you coming to the team session? " MS asked and Matheesha nodded.

"You can come with me then, I'm going there only" MS suggested. Matheesha agreed, atleast he won't have to search the place himself.

"When did you reach? Russ didn't inform me" MS asked.

"Ah- 4 pm" Matheesha answered.

MS shook his head, "Not much time before. Did you get rest? "

Matheesha nodded, "Yes. I was sleeping"

"Great. So you haven't met anyone here, right? " MS asked.

Matheesha shook his head. "Come, let's meet some people here" MS said as he guided him inside the room.

As MS entered the room, he was met with a bunch of crazy people, one man ran and jumped on him, another man came and wrapped his arms around him from behind, Matheesha looked as another man came and kissed him on cheek. Almost whole team had gathered around him, some looked more sensible than others but everyone was excited to meet him. He could feel the aura, he had seen him on TV since childhood but that was nothing like this, the scene in front of him made him have goosebumps.

He came out of his trance when someone moved his palm around his eyes, "Where are you lost? "

He shook his head and attended the man in front of him, "I'm Suresh Raina", he said forwarding his hand for a handshake.

" Matheesha pathirana" He introduced himself.

"Matheesha" Raina said, "Have you met anyone here? "

Pathirana nodded. "Whom? " Raina asked.

Pathirana looked at MS. He didn't know how to address him, so he stayed mum.

The next minute, he was hovered with a lot of people. The lot looked crazy, some were asking him his name, some his age and some people just had stupid questions, whether he liked dc or marvel, and whether he played pubG or COD. They all stopped their rants when MS interrupted, "Guys, one by one. Don't make him nervous" . He was grateful, so many voices together were making him go mad, he would prefer peace.