forty four

THIRD PERSON POV:

The alpha wolf slept and while she slept she dreamed and as she dreamed.. She lifted the thin veil of darkness to discover that while the war was over, there was something they missed in their efforts to save y/n's soul that could start yet another war. The winds outside were howling, the sweat on Natasha's brow thickened and the air became as thick as soot. Visions of bones turning to flesh and cold rivers running hot with blood plagued the wolf's dreams as her fingers dug themselves into the fabric of the couch beneath her.

Y/n's dreams were not much kinder and not too far off from her lovers. Instead the script was flipped and it was her slit wrists staining the river water with her blood as the skeleton of Hela held the silver dagger to her skin. The skeleton tilted its head as the bones snapped, its black and ashy eyeholes staring back at the imprint. The river bubbled louder, becoming hotter with each drop of blood Hela's skeleton's mouth dropped open and her jaw fell off and into the river before y/ns head was pushed under.

Thunder boomed against the foundation of Wanda's home, making the protection barrier around the four walls flicker. Y/n's body convulsed as she began to gasp for air. Natasha was sweating, the beast awakening within as her claws began to shred the fabric of the couch.

The nightmares wouldn't stop, at least not for now. Trauma didn't go away in a day.

"Kill for me..."  Hela's voice whispered in Nat's head, taking cover behind the veil of darkness, further edging the alphas' paranoia of what's real and imaginary.

"No.." Natasha whimpered, the two nightmares colliding into one and the ginger wolf was taking the place of Hela's skeleton, holding a blade to her imprints wrist.

"No." The wolf whined, the back of her eyes burning as her imprint looked back at her, the fear of her eyes haunting her before she pushed her head under the water to drown.

"Kill for me..." The voice echoed again as Natasha opened her crimson wolfish eyes, the pure amber color they used to be long forgotten.

Everything happened quickly. Natasha got up from the couch roughly, the eyes of y/n snapping open as Romanoff's fingers found their way around her throat.

Y/n gasped, digging her nails into Natasha's wrist in hopes it would be enough to make her stop. The woman didn't know what was happening, but judging by the red wolf eyes, the imprint knew it wasn't her Nat. This was the dark side of the beast.

"Nat-" y/n choked out, slapping at her arm as Natasha grunted, backing the woman hard into the wall her vision became a little blurry as her head hit the wall. A few pictures fell from their nails and the glass cracked as it hit the floor.

"Nat-ack! Please.." the y/h/c woman gasped, her eyes becoming a little blood shot from the lack of oxygen.

"What's going- oh my god!" Wanda crept into the room, the sleep fading from her eyes when she saw what was playing out in front of her. The witch rushed into help, running towards Nat and the wolf backhanded her across the room.

The Maximoff was quick to recover, a little blood dripping down from her nose as she shot a blast of red magic at the alpha. The wolf dropped y/n and she began gasping for air, trying to suck it all into her lungs while Nat stalked towards Wanda, her shirt sporting burn holes from where the magic hit her.

Natasha growled loudly, going to grab Wanda but y/n jumped on her back and held on tight.

"Nat it's me, it's y/n. Come back to me, please! I need you to come back to me." Y/n begged with a hoarse voice.

Natasha shrugged y/n off and grabbed her by her arms tightly enough to bruise, forgetting about Wanda who placed her fingers against Nat's warm temples and snuck inside her mind.