Chapter 1

Safari had been climbing the Great Ice Cliff looking for clues about her father.

She was an IceWing-SandWing hybrid. Her father -Halestorm- had left when she was just an egg.

When she was young, her mother had told her her father was coming back, but as she got older, her mother lost faith in his return.

"Hey, whatcha doing?" called a voice.
A sparkling IceWing appeared.
That's what they look like, she thought.
Her mother had pointed out the physical features Safari had received from her father, but she had never seen an IceWing with her own eyes.
They shared the same blue eyes (hers were way darker) and whip-thin tail. But the IceWing's scales were whiter than her super pale sand-coloured ones (basically off-white). Also, the IceWing had long spikes, unlike her SandWing frills.

"Looking," Safari replied.
"What are you looking for?" the IceWinng asked.

"Clues," Safari responded.

"You know, when you're at a Kingdom border saying you're looking for clues, you don't sound very trustworthy," the IceWing pointed out.

"Oh, um, I'm looking for someone," she tried.
The IceWing shook her head.

"I'm looking for family," she clarified

"Good enough. What's your name? The IceWing asked.

"Safari. What's yours?" she replied. The IceWing paused.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Crystal," Crystal said, extending her left claw. Safari shook it.

"Now, this family you're looking for, who is this dragon? Do they have any enemies?" Crystal inquired eagerly.

"Enemies? I don't think so. It's my dad, Hailstorm," she said. Crystal's face dropped.
"Oh," Crystal said, looking down.

"What? Do you know him," she asked. Crystal ignored her question.

"Did you say he was your dad?" Crystal questioned. She nodded.

"Yeah, he left before I hatched," she said. Crystal looked up, her eye bright enough to light up Pyrrhia.

"That means... you're my second cousin!" Crystal exclaimed.
"What! How?" she asked

"Hailstorm is my cousin," Crystal explained.

"Do I have any aunts or uncles?" she wondered aloud.
"Yeah, you have an aunt and an uncle," Crystal said.

"Can I meet them?" she requested excitedly.

"Um, no, Winter and Icicle are at Jade Mountain Academy," Crystal stated.

"Where's that?" she asked.

"Have you never seen a map," She shook her head. "Here, you can borrow mine," Crystal offered, pulling out a map and handing it to her. Safari unfurled it. There were notes scribbled everywhere that were nearly impossible to read. Her eyes searched for Jade Mountain.

"It's right here," Crystal said, placing a claw near the bottom of the map.

"Wow, that's far," she muttered aloud, her eyes moving from the Great Ice Cliff to Jade Mountain and back.

"Yeah, I guess it is, well safe travel, bye," Crystal said
"Wait!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah?" Crystal asked

"Thank you for your help. I really do appreciate it," she said

"Oh, um, you're... you're welcome. Please bring my map back in one piece," and with that, Crystal was gone.

-Joon
488 words
A/N. Hi this us the first part. Idk if I'll finish it. I really hope you enjoyed it. Please vote for part two; 15 votes and I'll do a part 2. Question: Do think it would be easy to write a book with your OCs or a fanfic. Please check out my other books too. Suggestions for other stories are welcomed. (15 votes cuz I doubt my writing)
Bye!