Prologue 001

Oh hello, you like reading, do you? Well, my name(for now) is Gemetta Everell Carter, and I love telling and writing stories as much as I do reading them. So buckle up, motherfuckers, this is gonna be one hell of a ride.

When I first met the love of my life, I was only six months old. Of course, until my 11th birthday, I did not know this. Not my 1990 11th birthday though. My 2022 11th birthday.

The 4th of December, 2022

It started off normal, with my friends(who had come for a sleepover the night before) shouting "Happy Birthday!" and trying to hug me to death. The seven of us went to Starbucks to get frappuccinos before going to multiple stores for my birthday shopping spree. I'll spare you the details of the day, but long story short, we had pizza for dinner and went back home quickly, as the next day was a Monday.

Five of my friends went back to their houses, while my best friend, Melissa, came into my room with me to sleep. She lived in the house right next to me, Alexa and Katie style, so it wasn't a problem.

I stayed up late, taking in everything and smiling. But right when I was about to close my eyes, I heard a tapping on my window.

Now, you're all reading this, you know what made that noise, don't you? And I did too. It was my 11th birthday, and a strange tapping noise was coming from outside the window. I was the only Pottah-head in my entire school (that's not to say there weren't any Potterheads, I was just the only Pottah-head), and I strongly believed in magic. Hmm... I do wonder what it could be.

Obviously, it was an owl. I let it in and gave it some water, then ran to fetch some bread. When I returned, Melissa was awake.

She stared at me, grinning from ear to ear. "That's an owl, and that's a letter on its leg, isn't it?"

I grinned right back. "Too right, it is,"

We fed the owl the bread and untied the letter from its leg. Somehow, this wasn't at all surprising. I had known for the longest time that I was a witch. I mean, I just had to be! I had had a very deep connection with water since I was born, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it was a letter from Camp Half-Blood either.

And she had known it too. We were both a bit sad then, about our age difference. Her birthday was on the 20th of May, more than a year after mine, meaning that we would have to wait that long to find out if she would be attending Hogwarts with me.

Oh right, the letter. Ahem, -

"Dear Miss Black- wait what the fuck?"

"Miss Black? Wait, does this mean-" I cut her off

"YES! Sirius Black's my bloody uncle, isn't he? And so is Remus! And my mother is Amelia Black and my father is-"

"Gem, what's going on?" 

In our excitement, we hadn't realised that my 'mother' had entered the room.

"Oh hi random stranger to whom I'm not related, I just got my Hogwarts letter!" I said.

Juliet Carter laughed. "I see. Well, I suppose you already know everything that happens now?"

"Yes, but I'd like to confirm -

Point A, my mother is Amelia Cassandra Black and my father is the Greek god Poseidon, correct?"

She nodded.

"Point B, I return to the manor belonging to my biological parents tomorrow, correct?"

Another nod.

"Point C, the people I leave behind in this world(excluding you and William) will have no knowledge of me tomorrow, correct?"