Prologue

Everyday after lunch, 7 year old Sabre spends his time outside, playing in the forest on the outskirts of his family home. His parents always described him to their friends as a curious child, one who always needed to be learning new things no matter the dangers that may come with it.

They recalled several times their little tumbleweed, a nickname given to Sabre due to his wild, chaotic movement, had brought home many different trinkets ranging from buttons to bottle caps to even some really old and fascinating coins, which his parents had no idea how he got his hands on.

They held onto these trinkets however, Sabre's father keeping them stored in a box labeled 'Collektion' on the top of a dresser in Sabre's room that he could not reach.

(Sabre really wanted to be the one to name the box and misspelt it; his parents however kept it this way because they found it cute and as a personal touch.)

They didn't mind Sabre being out during the day, they had trust in him that he would stay relatively close to the house or would be able to get back by himself. In the case that he couldn't, his parents gave him a phone that had service, only to be used in case of emergencies, such as getting lost and being unable to get home.

The only rule that was put in place was that their son was not allowed to be out past 9:00 pm. They explained that it would be too dark for him to be out that late and they were worried for his safety, which while true, was not the complete truth.

Sabre knew this wasn't the full truth, not that he was told it, but because even at his age, he could easily pick up tones on when people were lying or not, especially when it comes to his parents.

However, as to not get in trouble, he followed what they wished, no matter how much he so desperately wanted to find out what they were hiding. In the mean time, he spend his days gathering trinkets, spending time with his parents, and his little brother, Ryan.

Ryan is two years younger than Sabre, however despite this slight age difference, the two of them get together perfectly. Ryan is actually the one who got Sabre into collecting trinkets, as originally Sabre was only out to explore.

The two made a wonderful duo, or an awful one sometimes. They would constantly prank their parents; move things to spots they weren't meant to be in, make "potions" (they would mix whatever liquids together they could), and several other things that would drive their parents insane.

However, at the end of the day, the children's parents loved them and they loved their parents back, they were a happy family.

One night, after dinner, Ryan approached Sabre in his room, who was in the middle of sorting through his box of trinkets, trying his best to organize them.

"Sabry?"

Sabre looked up from his box, Ryan standing at his door way, holding a stuffed monkey in his arms, one that he got for his 5th birthday not long ago.

"RyRy."

Ryan smiled for a moment before it fell almost immediately after, walking into his brother's room, sitting down on his bed.

"Why don't mommy and daddy let us leave after dindin..?" Ryan asked, holding the stuffed toy a bit closer to him.

"Mommy said it was bad out there after dinner, but I think something else is up." Sabre looked down at the trinkets, closing the box and pushing it away from him, moving to facing Ryan.

Ryan tilted his head to the side in confusion. "Why do you think that..? Mommy wouldn't lie to us would she?"

Sabre shook his head no, patting Ryan's head. "I don't think she's lying to us, just don't think it's the full truth.."