Chapter Four - Predicament

Sabre was in a predicament.

He was hiding in a dark corner of the Nightmare King's palace, completely unable to get to his friends as there was guards at the only known entrance and exit to the palace.

There was distant talking all around him, talks mainly about his friends and how they got away, which he was thankful for, now he just had to figure out how to get out of here himself before it was too late and he was caught.

Sabre looked around, there wasn't anyone near him, but the voices he heard were close enough to be clearly heard, which meant escape wouldn't be easy, especially with his only exit being guarded.

He thought about his options. He could either attempt to run out as fast as possible, he could try to sneak out and get out undetected, or he could make some kind of distraction.

Creating a distraction seemed to be his best bet, it's just a matter of how he was going to pull it off.

As he tried to come up with a way to distract the guards, he heard the Nightmare King's voice.

"You've GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! This is the fifth time those ridiculous children have escaped you fools!"

The Nightmare King seemed to be yelling at his guards, however Sabre couldn't necessarily tell if he was.

"Sir you have to understand, they're sneaky, they're fast, they're-"

"I DON'T WANT YOUR PETTY EXCUSES, I WANT THIS PLACE SEARCHED. I didn't see the non-Steve leave with the group of Yellow Steves, which means there's a possibility he's still here. I need to run some test on him."

There was the sound of someone or something falling after the Nightmare King's first sentence, however once he was done speaking, footsteps approached Sabre's location.

He backed away further into the corner but the Nightmare King didn't come towards him, he completely walked passed Sabre and went back towards his throne room.

Maybe Sabre wouldn't have to make a distraction after all. The Nightmare King's order to search the entire kingdom gave him the out he needed, now he just had to sneak around and out whatever way the others left through, because he assumed they didn't come in through the main entrance.

However, whilst Sabre was making his way towards the exit, he heard more yelling from the throne room, which meant it was loud.

"HOW COULD YOU LET IT GET STOLEN YOU WORTHLESS ASSISTANT!?"

Sabre physically flinched at the yelling, turning around and looking in the direction of the throne room, debating if he should go watch what happens.

He decides to, his curiousity getting the best of him yet again, which he should've learnt only gets him into unfavourable situations but it was in the spur of the moment yet again.

Sabre walked back towards the throne room, slowly making his way up the pathway leading to the throne, doing his best not to get caught in the process, however he didn't have to worry about that.

The Nightmare King and Blaine were on the complete opposite side of the throne from Sabre, Blaine shaking as Nightmare set up some kind of contraption that Sabre couldn't figure out.

"Si- Sir, we can talk about this-"

"No. No we cannot assistant. You have proved over and over again that you cannot be useful towards me and so I have to make you useful one way or another."

Sabre crouched down next to the throne, watching from that position as to not get caught, listening in on their conversation.

"What are you even going to do with me sir..?"