Chapter Two - Preparation and Explanation

While on their way to the Yellow Kingdom, Crystal took the time to explain the origins of Nightmare Steve to Sabre.

It all started years before any of the group was born, when the original Yellow King, named Cyrus, who would supposedly be 30 today, had been elected into position at the age of 16.

Normally, kings were not elected until they were 18, however they had to make a special case as the king prior had been suddenly assassinated days before Cryus' 16th birthday.

As per regulation, when Cyrus was elected into position, he had to appoint an apprentice to help run the kingdom as there was no way he would be able to do it all on his own.

He chose Night, a friend of his that had stuck by his side for almost his entire life. Cyrus believed the two of them would be able to run the kingdom perfectly without any major issues.

Cyrus was right, for at least a few years. The two made a perfect duo, able to solve any of the kingdom's problems with such ease it was like there was never a problem to being with.

However, during Cyrus' 6th year as king, when he was 22, a special artifact that was able to make helping his people so easy went missing. The only people in the entire kingdom that knew where this precious artifact was held were Cyrus himself and Night, which led Cyrus to confront his apprentice.

Night at first denied knowing the location of the artifact, claiming that Cyrus must of misplaced it, however Night finally cracked. He used the power of the artifact to attack Cyrus, causing him to be thrown across the room and hitting the back of his head against a wall.

Once Cyrus got his bearings back, his fight or flight instincts kicked in and because he was doubtful that he could win in a battle against his apprentice holding the artifact, he ran.

"We don't know where Cyrus is to this day, but after he left, Night took over. He found parts of a past evil we fought and absorbed it, becoming what we now know him as the Nightmare King."

Crystal finished explaining, looking over at Sabre for any sign of confusion, which he soon found out there was a lot of very obviously in his eyes. Crystal breathed out a laugh, shaking his head.

"What part are you confused about Sabre? I'll try to explain." Crystal offered, looking ahead at Sunny and Lilac leading them as Sunny actually knew the way to the kingdom.

(They realized that, after two hours of walking and Crystal explaining the origins of the Nightmare King, they had been going the wrong way. Sunny took lead and they're back on track.)

"Two things, mainly. One, how do you know all of this? And two, what kind of artifact has that much power..?" Sabre hadn't been looking at Crystal the entire time he was explaining, mainly focusing on the ground or at Sunny and Lilac in front of them.

However, when he asked his questions, he finally turned to look at Crystal, their eyes meeting yet again.

"My, I guess you could call him my father, told me about it. He's the leader of the Orange Kingdom, really close with Cyrus. He was really upset when Cyrus went missing, would tell me and my friends the story a lot to keep his memory. As for the artifact, uhm.."

Crystal looked around, like he was trying to find a way out of explaining the artifacts. Before he could actually come up with an excuse, Sunny and Lilac both stopped, causing a chain reaction of everyone else stopping.

"We're here." Sunny simply said, turning around and facing the rest of the group. Sabre stared in confusion.

His parents always said that he may need glasses when he got older, he didn't think that would apply to now, but from what he could see, there was just a baren field in front of them.

"The kingdom is in front of us, Sabre, it may be on lockdown though and so only Yellow Steve's are actually able to see it. Some weird power the artifact has." Crystal explained, sensing Sabre's confusion.

"Oh, makes sense." Sabre nodded, thankful for Crystal being there to explain anything he didn't understand.

"Yep! Anyways, so now it's planning time everyone, because we can't take the normal route as they are more than likely expecting that." Sunny sat down, Lilac following suit and soon the whole group was sat in a lopsided circle.

"What I was thinking is I take myself and the Yellow Steve's up to the front gate, we take Sabre with us. We explain to the guards that we found some random person out in the forest and want to bring him to the Bee King to figure out what to do with him. Meanwhile, Crystal and Lilac take Clover, Joy, uhm, Fun are you willing to do with them? Same with you Heart?"

Fun was another Orange Steve, a close friend of Joy's, and Heart was a Violet Steve, one who was known for being able to go completely undetected when it came to stealth missions.

They both agreed, as whenever it was suggested that someone go with the upper ranks, it meant they whole-heartedly trusted you and you could receive higher status at one point later in life.

"Perfect, you six are going to find a way into the kingdom, whatever means necessary. If you need to break a wall, break a wall, the bee man will have to pay for it to be fixed anyways so who cares." Sunny snickered softly, grinning.

The appointed six agreed, everyone excited for this plan to work, and for those tasty pastries from the bakery as they were all really hungry.

"Everyone else, stay put, don't get caught. If need be, run. You all know where the closest tree base is, and if you don't, Crimson does since he helped plan it. Speaking of which, Crimson you're in charge while we're gone."

Crimson nodded in understanding, taking charge while the other leaders were gone was something he was used to, and completely fine with.

"So everyone understands the plan right? Does anyone have any questions?" Sunny asked, wanting to make sure there was no confusion amongst them.

No one seemed to have any questions, or if they did then no one spoke up. Sunny smiled and stood up, the Yellow Steves and Sabre copying his movement.

"Our code name groups are as usual Group A, Group B, and Group C. I'll be leading Group A, Crystal you're leading Group B, and Crimson you're Group C. Group B, search the walls once I distract the guards at the entrance, do not get caught. Group C, stay in the forest for now."

Everyone nodded in understanding and with that, Sunny took his group down into the field, Sabre stationed in the middle of them.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous, a bit scared even. It had barely been a few hours since he got placed in this world and he was already having to rob people?

Sabre really hoped that they knew what they were doing, or had at least done this with someone else before.

Sunny had absolutely never done this before.