Asleep

Joe walked into the room to see Cherry rifling through his wardrobe.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Joe pulled him away. Cherry freed himself from Joe's grip. "Ugh let me go you needy gorilla." he said.

"What are you doing?" Joe repeated, ignoring Cherry's snide remark. "Trying to find clothes that will fit me." he said, rolling his eyes. "Why?" Joe asked curious. He tilted his head, resembling a lost puppy. Cherry blushed and looked away. 'God, he's so cute and he doesn't even realise it' Cherry thought. "I'm not going to sleep in this, idiot," he indicated to his kimono. He continued his search.

"Oh right,"  Joe said. He thought of Cherry without the kimono. It made him blush. 'Wait why am I thinking about this? And why am I blushing?' He could feel his face becoming red. He'd never felt like this about someone so close to him before.

Once he'd recovered, he walked over to the wardrobe full of his clothes. "Um..here," he pulled out the smallest pair of shorts he had and a smallish hoodie he had at the back of one of the drawers. He handed them to Cherry. "These are the smallest ones I have sorry," he said.

Cherry huffed and walked out of the room. 'I should have never agreed to this' he thought 'I should've just taken the chance and called a taxi'. He sighed. 'This was a bad idea'

Meanwhile Joe had changed into a T-shirt and shorts. He sat on his bed, scrolling through his phone.

Cherry walked into the room. Joe looked up at him and laughed. The shorts fit fine but the hoodie was draped over him and the sleeves were longer than his arms. Cherry's eye twitched and he scoffed. "It's not my fault you're the size of a gorilla" He looked away. Joe stopped laughing.

"You're such a baby, I was just laughing," said Joe with a grin. Cherry fixed the sleeves and walked over to the bed and stood at the other side. "Move," he said with a scowl. Joe scooted to the right side to let Cherry into the bed.

They both sat there in silence for an awkward amount of seconds before settling into the atmosphere around them. "So.." Joe tried to start a conversation. "Do not try to make small talk, this is already insufferable enough," Cherry snapped. "Okay..Jesus calm down," Joe replied.

Cherry put his head down on the pillow and shut his eyes. 'This shouldn't be too awkward, I mean I've known Kojiro for ages. Why do I feel so anxious?' He thought to himself . 'What am I saying, I already know why' He felt himself slowly drifting off to sleep. 'Ugh, I need to just get over this, don't worry in the morning you can go back home and lay in bed,' he thought as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Joe lay there, thinking about Cherry and Adam and him as teenagers until he heard quiet snoring coming from behind him. He turned around to find that Cherry had already fallen asleep. 'He looks so content when he's  asleep' thought Joe. He examined Cherry's face as his chest rose and fell with every breath he took. His pink hair spread across the pillow and his face.

'He's so pretty' Joe thought 'WAIT WHAT AM I SAYING?! Kaoru is my best friend what the fuck?!' As much as he hated to admit it Cherry was Joe's best friend. He was friends with Reki and Langa and the others but he was closest to Cherry for sure.

He realised his face was heating up again, and he was about to get up and leave the room just to get some space when Cherry started to stir in his sleep. Joe put his hand on Cherry's shoulder to stop him from moving. Cherry's breathing slowed back down to normal and he went back to looking calm and content.

'I wonder what he's dreaming about?' Joe was curious as to what went on in Cherry's mind. 'Does he think about me like I think about him?' he asked these questions as he slowly drifted off into sleep.