Chapter 8

Jin looks around the expanse of the eerie forest. His heart thumped against his chest loudly. The overgrown trees and their outstretched branches don't let even a speck of light from the full moon penetrate through them and reach the ground.

He looked around the forest. There was only darkness as far as his eyes could reach. His stomach churns when his brain reminds him how much Jungkook despises darkness. His head wandered to all the what-ifs. What if Jungkook lost the way and stuck inside the forest? What if Jungkook was crying for help? What if Jungkook got frightened and had a panic attack? What if he was an easy target for wild animals? What if-

"Jin" Jin was shaken away from his thoughts. His wide eyes wavered when it landed on Namjoon. Namjoon held him by his shoulder. "You need to calm down" He holds Jin's right hand between his palms and blows hot air. "Please, Taehyung needs us. We have to be strong, at least for Taehyung"

Jin nods immediately. An adamant tear flows from his eyes, he cupped Joon's hands and said "Yes, Taehyungie needs us".

"Hey Joon"

The Kim couple turned to look at the voice calling Joon. Joon put his arm around Jin's shoulder, pulled him closer, and walked towards the man who had called him. Their eyes were expectant.

"Hoseok. Any lead to Jungkook's whereabouts?" Namjoon asked and Jin was anxious beside him. He needs assurance. Assurance that Jungkook is fine and alive. Assurance that Jungkook will return to their home safe and sound. However, instead of assurance, all he gets is disappointment. A series of disappointments for the past twenty four hours days. And again, Hoseok's sullen features made Jin disappointed.

"What the- What the hell? It has been a whole fucking day. A whole day Jungkook went missing. You guys are searching and searching and still searching but no lead to where Jungkook is!" Jin exclaimed. He ran out of his calm and collected personality. He can't do this anymore.

"Jin. Please, they are doing what they could."

"For how long? I'm scared. Fuck I'm terrified. I can't control my thoughts Joon. They frighten me. All the what-ifs are running wild inside my head. Jungkook went missing for a days. Into this forest where wild animals are loose on the track. Wherever I turned, I could only see pitch-black darkness. You know well that Jungkook is afraid of darkness. He will get a panic attack. He must be crying and starving. I don't know how many animals targeted him. I don't know how he would manage to survive from those" Jin is crying hysterically. Joon and Hoseok also can't hold their tears anymore. "I don't know whether he is still alive or not."

Joon hugged him tight. "Jin, please baby don't lose hope. Jungkook must be safe and waiting for us to find him. I promise he will return safely and we will all have a family dinner. You, me, Jungkook and Tae. Please, honey, don't lose hope"

Jin buried his head in the crook of Joon's neck and cried hard. Hoseok flashed a tight-lipped smile to Joon and mouthed "We will try our best."

♥️

"Does he wake up?"

"Not yet"

"Do we have to look for a doctor?"

"I'm not sure."

"He has been in a comatose for the last two days."

"That's not my concern."

"Jimin" V yelled.

"What? It really is not my concern. I don't even fucking know who he is. Why should I bother whether he would make it out or not" Jimin's face was flushed from anger. His finger is pointing at the man who has been sleeping peacefully on the battered bed.